• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.windows.jaha.dk | suggestions

It looks like you are working for Limewire.
It's PHP Nuke so It's not really your design.
The graphic is horrible.
You've added "Simple Calculator" 3 times.

Overall: 0.1/10

here is a list

1. about the forum, it is not working because nobody used it and i had a lot of problems ( phpBB does not work, i dont want to pay for vbull, so i am waiting for this new board to come out!! )

2. simple calculator is added 3 times since the top on is just the exe format and the other 2 are tar or zip formats.

3. The theme, what should i use. I havnt found any good ones. If you have a suggestion please send me the entire theme and ill try it out.

Last edited:
ok firstly don't use yabbse as a forum. Its like yabb. Its sucks. I would use phpbb rc 2. Its far better. I also don't like your logo. I'm not sure whats wrong with it. I just don't like it. Maybe its the way the text size changes. However, the design of your site is very good. Its got a very good layout and I'm guessing you used phpnuke or some similar portal system. Sometimes I would say that is bad but you've customized it well so that makes up for it. Also at the top right of your screen where you have the search thing I think that the colour should be changed to match the background colour of your logo.

Score / conclusion

Content - 80%
Your site could have more content but it seems that this is a sort of comminity site and has only just started. Thats why your content got a high score.

Layout / design - 75%

I think your layout of the site is very good. I am going to have to mark this down a little bit because you used php nuke to do this for you. However, your sites graphics are pretty good. Maybe there could be some more pictures and as mentioned the logo could be improved. I would also like to see if its possible those text links to be turned into buttons. Maybe rollover buttons would be even better.

Technical - 70%

Your site uses forums but they are not working properly. But the use of php nuke is very good. Its a very efficient way of keeping your site organised and users can search and sign up to add their comments. This was marked down a bit because your forums are not working.

Overall score - 75%

Your site has a good potential. Try to get those forums working and build up a big community. Then your site may receive a higher score.

as i said before phpBB rc 2 does not work for some reason. I would like to use it but it does not work. And the forum is down becuase noone used it in the first place.

My site is not so big yet because i just have it up and i only have a few buttons and text links scattered around so not many people know about it yet

about the last referrers, that is just so that people can see where the last ten people came from. I might edit the code a little so taht it show the top ten referring sites.

That is all, and please keep replying cause i want to know what you all think.

whenever i run the installer i get this error in the install.php on this line. Since i dont have an editor that can let me skip to a certain line i have to count in my head. Mostly it happens on line 700 or something around there and i dont want to waste my time counting.

I tried using YaBB SE ( PHP and mySQL ) but i had some strange problem withe the cookies that YaBB set and the cookies php-nuke sets.

I tried a whole lot of other boards as well but i dont like the way they look. I dont have CGI becuase otherwise i might have used IkonBoard.

thanks everyone

thanks everyone that took their time to check out my web site and reply.

I changed a few things.

1. i edited my theme so that everything works except the forum link.
2. The background that is behind my logo is now white so it looks better.
3. In my theme deleted some stuff that was making the search at the top not work

The forum is hopefully going to be back up soon.

Thanks again.

http://windows.jaha.dk

Design: 247/250
Graphics: 248/250
Organised: 249/250
Speed: 240/250

Comments: Quite a nice looking site

Overall: 984/1000, 98/100, 10/10 Excellent site!

Originally posted by trenzterra
Design: 247/250
Graphics: 248/250
Organised: 249/250
Speed: 240/250

Comments: Quite a nice looking site

Overall: 984/1000, 98/100, 10/10 Excellent site!

thanks a lot for the good comments and points you gave my site.

1. I can hardly make out the banner on the top left corner of your page. Make it a little clearer.

2. the text boxes expand past the 'footers' and 'headers' of each of those boxes on my computer. It's probably a problem with the fact that I have a large computer screen and you're using percents somewhere in there but not for the footers and headers. That will turn away a lot of the people on the larger computers.

3. The 'select language' box down at the bottom only translates that one box. The rest of the page is still in English. I tried that for Sweedish and that's what happened so I stopped there.

1. I can hardly make out the banner on the top left corner of your page. Make it a little clearer.

that is my logo!!!!!

2. the text boxes expand past the 'footers' and 'headers' of each of those boxes on my computer. It's probably a problem with the fact that I have a large computer screen and you're using percents somewhere in there but not for the footers and headers. That will turn away a lot of the people on the larger computers.

Refresh your browser and it should be okay. I have tested on 15", 17", 21" and almost any other sizes. On all kinds of different resoltions.

3. The 'select language' box down at the bottom only translates that one box. The rest of the page is still in English. I tried that for Sweedish and that's what happened so I stopped there.

ill look into that!!

1. I know that's your logo but that doesn't make it any easier to read.

2. The text boxes look ok but I'm on a different computer today than I was last night.

2. The text boxes look ok but I'm on a different computer today than I was last night.

what browser do you use? If it is netscape it might be off a little. But in IE if you see that the boxes are all out of proporttion just hit refresh.

I found the problem. My entire site is in english and so is all my text. All the different langauge box does it change the text of some of the things that it can change. I added a lot of content myself so that wont get translated becuase it does not translate the words. Like the readmore link will get translated becuase in my Theme i have it as _READMORE. Then when you change language it will display the language you choose. And when it is english it will put Read More there in stead of _READMORE. And all the stuff i have added my self is not in the translation file so it does not get translated.

Back