• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WTF? Cyberwings!

Ashed

OK, I'm in no way related to Cyberwings. I don't even have an account with them, I just signed up on their forums. :p

Anyway, I just got this e-mail...

Cyberwings does it again..... 50% off at Cyberwings - 200 Accounts ONLY!

Cyberwings is slashing their hosting prices AGAIN by ANOTHER 50% on ALL PLANS! This offer is ONLY GOOD for the next 200
accounts sold and these accounts are predicted to be sold within the next 8 hours - before 2:00pm EST on 3/19/02.

Hosting Plan 1 - $2.10 per year, year after year, on this special!

IF YOU PAY VIA PAYPAL to sales@cyberwings.com you will receive a special bonus!

http://www.cyberwings.com/hosting/

Let's get these new data center servers filled before we crank our bandwidth pipes wide open and show this hosting industry
what we can REALLY do :)

Some people think I've finally gone off the deep end with this Sale :) ACT FAST!

Cyberwings Price Slasher

How can they afford to make money? :eek:

Hmm... they're based in Maine. I should really go bug them.

Anyway, even though they're getting their data-transfer for around 25&cent per gig they'd have to put at least 1000 clients on a server. Something just doesn't seem realistic here...

Maybe they just want to sell, to get some money soon to pay their bills! Although they're trying this in the wrong way. Seems not to have a good business plan.

Looks like the special offer has ended. :(
I was planning to sign up for an account since it's so cheap.
It's cheap the way it is, anyway. I think I'm going to try out the $6.00 plan. :D

They probably hope to get a bunch of people to say "wow, this is cheap!" and just sign up without having the ability to use all the space or bandwidth. I suppose if only 1 out of every 5 or 10 people actually uses the full amount they're alloted, and many people are paying $5 for a site that gets 10 hits a month, they could be making a profit.

and what about the sites that use alot of resources that is only paying $5.00. I seen somewhere that they only pay $.25USD (tenty five cents per gb of bandwith which i think is bs and if they give you 10 a month for 12 months thats $30 for bandwith plus elcetric, servers, rent, other parts like racks, cat 5 other stuff they will be losing their a$$e$.

Well, they have been in the business for nearly a year now and Shawn said they are financially stable. :eek: :p

Im not sure how they can offer this

Its funny how a company that has been operating for more than a year offer something like this!

We ourselves offer some excellent LOW end Hosting solutions but this is plain impossible...

The lack of smtp server is a smart idea to lower costs by a big % believe it or not.. and what they pay for bandwidth could be different... Maybe they are hosted in Australia, were Outbound data is not measured at all!

Hmm does anyone that has bought that plan have any info like are you on a cobalt raq or something?

I knew a company before it shut down it was offering amzing prices for there service by having 400 of these sites per server! IF you do the maths right they would still be doing good in the profit area of the business...

Good luck to them anyway i have heard many good things about them and since we use to do more business hosting we never saw them as serious competition.. but now that we are aiming our new servers/department at high quality affordable hosting i must admin they are giving us a run for our money...

Just my opinion...
and cyberwings if you ready to sell the company, PM me!

For the second time in a row.... within 1 week.... Cyberwings does it again..... 50% off at Cyberwings - LIMITED TIME ONLY!

YOU ARE NOT SEEING DOUBLE!

YES, we did run this sale a few days ago, but we decided to run it one more time to give people who didn't signup the chance to
signup during our sale - tell your friends, tell your colleagues, tell the whole world about this sale, it won't be back again
for quite a while!

Cyberwings is slashing their hosting prices AGAIN by ANOTHER 50% on ALL PLANS! This offer is ONLY GOOD for a short time!

NOTE: PayPal payments are HIGHLY preferred! Our PayPal Address is sales@cyberwings.com! PayPal payments will receive an
extra 20% of Space or Bandwidth, YOUR CHOICE! Free! We will ask you which you prefer after your account is setup!

http://www.cyberwings.com/hosting/

BANDWIDTH AT OUR DATA CENTER WILL BE *DOUBLED* THIS WEEKEND, and then DOUBLED periodically thereafter! New servers are coming
online, new accounts, new everything at Cyberwings!

Some people think I've finally gone off the deep end with this Sale :) ACT FAST!

NOTE: We MAY need a bit more than 3 days to setup all of these accounts, we're shooting to add 2,000 accounts in 2 weeks, and
we're over 30% of the way there - we are bringing on extra staff to help with the load. Please bare with us. We are a widely
known and very reputable company, bringing you the LOWEST cost hosting in the industry. Just remember how much money you will
be saving with Cyberwings while waiting for your welcome email - our servers & services are TOP quality.

Onward & Upward, hope to see you on board! Spread the word to your friends, SHARE the gift of Cyberwings!

Cyberwings Price Slasher

they are at it again. Yeah they claim to be building their own datacenter. Maybe Bruce can find out and report back to us. They are both from Maine....hehehehe.....:D

Re: Im not sure how they can offer this

Originally posted by Choppy
The lack of smtp server is a smart idea to lower costs by a big % believe it or not.. and what they pay for bandwidth could be different... Maybe they are hosted in Australia, were Outbound data is not measured at all!

1. They do provide SMTP server to clients.

2. They are hosted in the US -- their own data center in Maine.

Re: Re: Im not sure how they can offer this

Originally posted by WarMachine

1. They do provide SMTP server to clients.
Actually they no longer do. They tell people to use the one provided by their ISP.

Back