• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would you ever live on the moon?

I like the earth just fine
Me too. I don't mind the ocean now and then, particularly going under when diving. But terra firma is my place of choice. I like flying, and won't mind doing a quick trip with the Challenger to see what the earth looks like from the outside in (like the famous show "A Dream is Alive"), but a few days would be my limit.
:)

To the moon?
You want to experience like what the Apollo 18 crews had experience? Getting attacked by the stones?
:p

Assuming there was ever public transport to the moon, would anyone ever live there?

Who needs public transport? That's what personal shuttlecraft are for.

Of course I'd live there given the chance. Only I wouldn't JUST live there. I would open a data center there for the world's first extraterrestrial co-location facility. Located on the edge between the dark side and the light

Sadly the latency expected over an earth-moon microwave link would be substantial, it would really only be any good for offering remote storage and offsite backup services. At least until other businesses appear on the moon and need web hosting.

Living on the Moon is possible, but with no air, no food and no water, it would take a lot of effort. So I would prefer staying on Earth itself :D

Living on the Moon is possible, but with no air, no food and no water, it would take a lot of effort. So I would prefer staying on Earth itself :D

We have proven by experiment that the scifi-like 'dome ecosystem' does in fact work. Water must initially be freighted in and after that is recycled, but food and air can be generated on the lunar surface.

The trouble is getting a stable power grid going, and dealing with the lack of temperature stability- something that normally our atmosphere handles for us.

Well with amazing improvement in technology I believe one day we will be able to live on moon. The only requirement to live on moon is water and atmosphere. Scientists are trying to develop this environment on the moon.

Back