• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Would You BuyThis?

DD-Mark

Hi,
firstly im not advertsing, im not selling this, and nore do i sell this,
im just simply asking for some feed back about it,

So this plan im about to show you is a vps...

1GB RAM
160GB HDD
UNLIMITED B/W
1IP

£15.00 - £20.00 -/- Per VPS -/- Per Month

the vps is uk based, as it would be on a uk based server,

so
what do you think about the server specs?
and the server price,
could it go up or down on price?
would you buy it from a new host?
would you buy it from an established host?

AS SAID AGAIN, I DONT SELL THIS VPS, AND NO THIS IS NOT AN ADD,
i was thinking about selling a plan like this,
but wanted to no what other people think about it first
=)

many thanx
mark
=)

I would buy, but it seems it's too good to be true. Also, a lot of... "scams" advertise unlimited bandwidth, so i would be kind of careful about this.

Unlimited Bandwidth can create a large bill right to your door. too cheap for 25 USD.

I would sell it for at least 30-40$. Unlimited Bandwidth on most VPS are mostly limited on their backend, but not on yours. Pretty much their lying to you.

Still way to cheap, the bandwith alone is potentially 90% of most limits on servers.

So in short, you sell 4 say on the one server and you have a huge bill for bandwith, and the vps couldnt be suspended for resource hogging as the bandwith limit was clearly advertised+

I think you should understand the following: people are looking for the web hosting solution according to their needs and they will never buy it just because you provide that

I would buy, but it seems it's too good to be true. Also, a lot of... "scams" advertise unlimited bandwidth, so i would be kind of careful about this.

hi,

yes. to good to be true but you never know. its a gamble on the providers knowledge, desire to make a real business from that price out of a startup and so forth. you really just have to do your homework and determine what gambles you are willing to make based on past bad experiences.

kevin

A 1GB RAM VPS for £15 a month? I'm guessing this is going to be an oversold OpenVZ node...

Edit: I noticed you were thinking of selling it and not buying it from elsewhere. The price is very low for a 1GB VPS with 160GB of disk space. You have to think about CPU usage too.

Last edited:
I would probably get that. I also agree that people pick hosting according to their needs. I use hostgator for example.

I would probably get that. I also agree that people pick hosting according to their needs. I use hostgator for example.

I think you use them because you know who they are. I guess you would not use 7649876rgjhhost.com with the same price and the same service.
The reputation and age of the web hosting company also very very important

It's a little commonplace now to see unlimited offers, but usually, that word should have a red flag written all over it. Keep up with the TOS/AUP so you don't get jipped down the road.

Back