• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WorldzonePro status?

Just to add, you guys complain when a host is attacked/hacked etc and go off your head (you do believe me :)). Look at the department of defence in the US broken into many times banks etc, they spend vast more amounts than us webhosts and have trouble keeping out these people.

Anyone determined enough can do anything!

Already being fixed. We were lucky, they only got the boards.

We didn't even think about it at the time but about a week or two ago we got this email about someone freaking out about our WarezChasers system. It's explained on the bottom of our www.worldzone.net site. All it does is automatically delete warez or illegal files upon upload of our servers. It saves bandwith and keeps the member sites going fast. Well, this person claimed that we were cracking into peoples computers and removing warez and finding them through P2P Networks and how what we were doing is illegal and they were going to report us and tell all IRC's and chatrooms and newsgroups about us. Well Webdude emailed them back and explained that we do not do any of that and we are not the warez police, and they emailed back and apologized. Well, we thought everything was fine but that doesn't mean they weren't running their mouth in the meantime.

But our servers are locked down pretty tight right now and a forum is easy to fix. I just really hope this is an isolated incident and not the cause of some moron who has more motor functions than brain cells.

I see, one guy reads something wrong and over reacts and you guys get to deal with a week of crap... :( But at least you guys will be battle hardened. :)

Thanks for keeping me informed!

same. WZP is really unlucky. All those webhosts out there, I've used a few myself, yet you guys seem to have targets on your servers.

striker said:
same. WZP is really unlucky. All those webhosts out there, I've used a few myself, yet you guys seem to have targets on your servers.
It's not all about luck.

From all the stories I've heard, they need to get their --- in gear and get some decent security in place, keeping scripts up-to-date.

Remy Canad said:
Did webdudes post get deleted. :S

I removed my post and will wait until after I have everything in order. I have made recomendations to the administration, same ones I made 1 and 2 years ago. You see, while I can make sure there are extensive levels of redunant backups, and make sure security is as good as it can be..... I can only do what I have the authorization to do. I have restored things about as well as the're going to get without further authorization, and I have secured things about as well as the're going to get without further authorization.

That's about as far as I can go on the subject without looking like I am pointing fingers. At least Administration has now shifted a couple of techs from their office to work with me, basically act as liason to further explain in laymans terms all my recomendations to Administration. Evidently, they didnt understand them before and simply bypassed them for other matters on hand at the time because of that.

Last edited:
Back