• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Wisdom Teeth

Nick

NLC
This Friday, I get to be put on an IV and doped up real good with lots and lots of drugs. Then I will be given laughing gas on top of the drugs, and my oral surgeon will then proceed to cut open my gums and cut out my third molars.

Doesn't that sound like fun (well, maybe until right after the laughing gas).

I don't get it. My oral surgeon ASSURES me that wisdom teeth do not cause crowding. He tells me it happens or it doesn't depending on your genetic code or whatever. SO WHY THE HELL DO THEY HAVE TO CUT THEM OUT? I mean, you just told me they DON'T cause crowding. What's the point? Oh well, at least I wont be awake for any of the butchering of my mouth.

Anyone else had their wisdom teeth taken out?

had mine out recently. took them forever to come in, in fact back in the 6th grade our school's doctor thought i'd already had them pulled.

it's not so bad. the worst part was the grogginess and all the clumps of cotton you have to shove back in your cheeks [and frequently change] all day to keep you from swallowing your own blood.

I *really* hope I don't have to have my wisdom teeth removed.
Already had to see the dentist 10 times in the past year, due to various reason such as root canals, fillings, etc. None of which I could have prevented, due to the fact they were al lgenetic and such, however no one else in my family has had such problems. :rolleyes:

Anyways, best of luck to you Nick.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to get 'em out pretty soon. I don't think it's as bad as advertised though. I'm sure it's mostly psychological.

They give u laughing gas?
I had a Dental GA a few months back, was only on a drip of morphine.
[2 1/2 hr op]

The groggie ness is bad.. but guase strips and morphine is good.

Originally posted by Phyxisus
They give u laughing gas?
I had a Dental GA a few months back, was only on a drip of morphine.
[2 1/2 hr op]

The groggie ness is bad.. but guase strips and morphine is good.
You've never been on laughing gas? It's actually quite amusing. You forget completely about the pain and focus on that bright light above your face. Then your thoughts drift and everything feels woozy. Then the dentist takes you off and says 'ok we're all done', but then you go "Gimme back the gas! Gimme gimme gimme!" as you snap out of dreamland and the sore jaw feeling comes.

I've had mine out last year (or was it 2 years ago?). I was knocked out cold. For the next week I avoided all solid foods. I drank a lot of those drinks that give you all the nutrients ("ensure" theyre called or some such).

It wasn't that bad, really. Everyone was real nice, and besides a bit of swelling and minor pain (only until you take some vicodin they perscribe) I was dandy.

I got mine taken out, like, uh, a couple years ago, or somethin'... I forget. They totally knocked me out. My brother also went there to have his removed too on some other day. My brother had to be wheeled out to the car. But, I actually walked myself to the car though.

They also put like little tissues, or whatever it is in the hole areas to, ya know, soak up the bleedin'... it feels weird once you have those taken out.

Yeah, I get to have laughing gas on top of the iv(sp?). The doctor says because I get it while I am getting the other drugs I wont be laughing.

I still don't understand why they need to be removed if I am told they don't cause crowding of the teeth. If they're not crowding anything why remove them :confused:

Originally posted by Nick
Yeah, I get to have laughing gas on top of the iv(sp?). The doctor says because I get it while I am getting the other drugs I wont be laughing.

I still don't understand why they need to be removed if I am told they don't cause crowding of the teeth. If they're not crowding anything why remove them :confused:
Possible future complications?

Originally posted by Nick

That's an easy answer. It's common for males to have their wisdom teeth removed. And it's also common for the cost of the removal of the wisdom teeth to be a little pricey, and because of that, Dentists are always looking for a way to make money.

You may not NEED them out, but I can promise that your Dentist thinks it will be worth it, for him that is.

When I was in 6th grade, the Dentist told me that I would need a filling. She told my mom that the silver filling would be $65 and the filling to match my tooth would be $150. My mom asked her if this was a permanent tooth, which she answered yes, so my mom paid the $150 (insurance didn't cover it). Low and behold a few days later I'm eating an apple and what comes out? Yeep. That tooth.

After lawyer fees, We received $2500 and I have beautiful teeth now.

I actually needed my wisdom teeth out. I saw the X-Ray of my mouth and they were growing sideways. They didn't even pierce my gums, they were smashing directly into my other teeth. I had braces when I was smaller so I'd be damned if my teeth got unaligned again.

I actually didn't feel a thing when I got one of my wisdom teeth out. She told me the tooth was out and I was surprised. Pretty weird really when everybody was telling me it would hurt like hell.

I feel cheated by my dentist.

My teeth got removed, hoping for my permanent tooth to turn sideways and come out, but its been 9 months and haven't happen.

ARGH

I had just got my wisdom tooth extracted from my dentist. It was severely paining and even my dentist asked me to get it removed. M glad that I came to this dental clinic where they gave absolutely painless experience.

Back