• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows XP, Flash, and ActiveX

17abigail

Firstly, I don't know much about computers -- so the answer here might be really obvious.

I can not get flash to run on my XP (5.1 service pack2). To correct this I have tried the following list (multiple times)

(1) follw installation instructions on adobe website. This results in an error popup box that says error unknown) and then another that says "Installation complete". At times it has also said "You do not have permission to install this, log on as the administrator", BUT I WAS LOGGED ON AS THE ADMINISTATOR??

(3) Install IE 7.0 (Hoping a reinstall would come with flash).
(4) Uninstall flash. Reinstall.

No luck. Any suggestions?
Regards,

Try to change your browser... To many problems and insecure if you are using IE.

Try using Mozilla Firefox or Opera.

Moe69 said:
Does the Mozilla ActiveX Plugin conflict with Flash ?
Not sure how this is related..but no, I have run them both, though I don't recommend installing ActiveX on Mozilla for obvious reasons....

You know...I hate Microsoft to no end and IE...But I read a review on IE7 and figured I'd install it just to see.

Immediately Firefox was broken, crashing everytime I opened it.

/shrug ?

Anyway, uninstalled IE7 and Firefox worked again. Anyone else seen this? I'd say its a conspiracy! :)

Back