• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows VS Linux

Windows Vs Linux

• Linux is good but I hate command prompt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want linux but I don't know where to get it

• It depends on what distro of Linux you're talking about

• Total voters
When comparing windows and linux, I found that people tend to say a lot of good things about linux and a lot of bad things about windows.

It depends on how people use them, windows xp can be very stable if people use it correctly.

linux can also be very unstable if you use it incorrectly or like living on the wild side and using betas and CVS releases and such xD

Dark_Element said:
err notnamed... windows tends to crash more than linux.... well i have to admit it does depend on the distro of linux, and it also depends on the task but in most cases windows kicks out before linux
I was replying to Robert's comment about Win98, thus comparing WinXP to Win98, not WinXP to Linux. In stability, they're about the same when all you have installed is the core.

Ben said:
I don't care. It's pointless to argue over something like this. I have Linux installed, I have Windows installed. They have their ups and downs like every OS out there.
I would like to add to my previous post: If you really want have this kind of argument, I can only give you one piece of advice -- go outside. Because when it gets to that point, you really need to.

Ben said:
I would like to add to my previous post: If you really want have this kind of argument, I can only give you one piece of advice -- go outside. Because when it gets to that point, you really need to.
No it's not and I find it wrong you attack people in that matter. So people who argue which car is better, or which hotel company is better, also needs to go outside? It's a legitmate question/debate. As long as people provide a valid point to why they choose so and son over something else is fine, but when people most ignorant comments like "MS Winblows Blows" then the argument has lost it's strength.

Last edited:
Robert said:
....but when people most ignorant comments like "MS Winblows Blows" then the argument has lost it's strength.
That's the kind of argument I meant. :confused2 If it's a valid point, I wouldn't consider it an argument, but a debate like you mentioned.

Last edited:
trenzterra said:
UNIX, not Linux.

And I like Windows and I am sticking to it. I just hate it when people start comparing and say blah is better than blah. So I said Mac OS was better since it wasn't part of the poll.

*cough*FreeBSD*cough*

Windows for home use and linux for web hosting, its perfect.

BTW, I configured my winXP pro to dispense orange sodas.

The linux is more stabiler then windows is a load of bs, it just depends on how you deal with windows and how stable the application your running is, I have a windows server with 280 days uptime and it hasnt slowed at ALL, and it runs at 100% load 24 hours 7 days a week, tell me thats unstable.

Back