• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows dedicated server - budget is no constraints

rolly

I need an ok kinda windows dedicated server.
Space abt 20 GB or even less would be suficient.
Budget has got no constraints.

kk .. being honest .. I need it for email campaign, actually some company offered me a project of sending 3 million mails per day. Its a comany dealing with lab instruments. They'll be providing with email-ids everyday.
I was afraid that if it was spam and illegal, then they told me 2 things :
1. We can provide an "Opt out of the future emails" link in the mail being sent.
2. Legality is subjective depending upon country where you set up the servers coz some countries' cyber laws do not treat this as illegal spam.

Well, am not much aware about these cyber laws, an insight into them by anyone of you will be also welcomed.

Again .. I need a dedicated windows server, needs to be ok kinda, abt 20 Gb or less space. The purpose I need it for, I have stated above. I'll be setting up an ASP/.Net script for that.
And the concerned company has got a good budget.

Offers, suggestions, or insights into related cyber laws please ..

Cheers

Galaxy-Hosts.com said:
How long will you need the server for?

For atleast 6 months for sure, and as per latest talks with teh company, I might require 3 servers simultaneously.

And please also let me know of any legal issues related with it.

Cheers

Hello, please contact me, I have serveral good offers, for you, I have had many clients that have purchased from us, for what you want to do :)

If you have icq or yahoo, please pm me that information I can add you for them as well, my msn and aim account information is found above.

LSComputers said:
Hello, please contact me, I have serveral good offers, for you, I have had many clients that have purchased from us, for what you want to do :)

If you have icq or yahoo, please pm me that information I can add you for them as well, my msn and aim account information is found above.
Well, I did add you at MSN, but havent got a reply yet.
Neways, here goes my yahoo : rahul_k_m2

Cheeers

Hello,
Do you need a control panel with this server? If not www.galaxy-hosts.com can offer you a server with either of the folowing processors for $67.99 per month.

Athlon XP 2800+ or P4 2.4 Ghz
512MB DDR RAM
80 GB Western Digital SATA
5 IP addresses
1000GB bandwidth
100 mbps connection
Windows 2000
No Setup Fee

For only $67.99/month

Upgrade your bandwidth to 2000 GB
For only $77.99/month
PM me or email me to order either of these servers. My email is patrick@galaxy-hosts.com

Last edited:
Galaxy-Hosts.com said:
Hello,
Do you need a control panel with this server? If not www.galaxy-hosts.com can offer you a server with either of the folowing processors for $67.99 per month.

Athlon XP 2800+ or P4 2.4 Ghz
512MB DDR RAM
80 GB Western Digital SATA
5 IP addresses
1000GB bandwidth
100 mbps connection
Windows 2000
No Setup Fee

For only $67.99/month

Upgrade your bandwidth to 2000 GB
For only $77.99/month
PM me or email me to order either of these servers. My email is patrick@galaxy-hosts.com

This server wouldnt handle there task, they are looking to send 30 million emails I belive was stated on conversation with them. they would ened a strong machine.

LSComputers said:
This server wouldnt handle there task, they are looking to send 30 million emails I belive was stated on conversation with them. they would ened a strong machine.
yeah, umm, can ya offer a machine pertaining to my requirements ?

OS needs to be windows 2003 (standard edition would wrk)
Control Panel is needed (HELM/PLESK/Inspanel whtvr costs you cheapest would do)
all related softs need to be installed on server.
Hard disk need not be 80 Gb. I need abt 20 Gb. Rest can be used by you for maybe shared hosting customers. I might lend ya a helping hand in managing them.
Even my bandwidth requirements are very less.

Please confirm these things nd give the updated quote asap.
Cheeers

Sir, if your planning on sending 30 million mails a day you would need an unmetered internet connection, and Dual Xeon 2.8GHZ, atleast 2GB ram to be sufficent.

12:51:37pm rahul_k_m2: i need it to send abt 30 million mails everyday for a client

above is from my aim conversation with the client

We have a Helm (Windows 2003 standard) available in the next week in the UK, this is has an AMD 3000 CPU and 1Gb ram. £120/month (+vat if in EU).

If it's any use shout quickly as it's due to be cancelled shortly.

Naturally, you'd need to make sure the email campaign was legal in the UK

ECSPortal.Com will offer you:
# Intel P4 3.0GHZ w/HT
# 120GB Hard Drive
# 1024MB RAM
# Bandwidth: 1000GB (Upgrade to 1500GB for $10.00)
# 100MB Ethernet Connection
# Basic Resource Monitoring
# Windows 2003 Standard
# Plesk 30 Domain Control Panel
# 100% Self Managed and Dedicated
------------------------------------
$159.00/Month + FREE Setup

Signup here

Last edited:
monaghan said:
We have a Helm (Windows 2003 standard) available in the next week in the UK, this is has an AMD 3000 CPU and 1Gb ram. £120/month (+vat if in EU).

If it's any use shout quickly as it's due to be cancelled shortly.

Naturally, you'd need to make sure the email campaign was legal in the UK
hmm, does that come with control panel, webmail etc features installed .. or just raw hardware with windows installed ?
if ya can throw a bit of insight on your offer ?

LSComputers said:
Sir, if your planning on sending 30 million mails a day you would need an unmetered internet connection, and Dual Xeon 2.8GHZ, atleast 2GB ram to be sufficent.

above is from my aim conversation with the client
Unmetered internet connection - thats realy not required, coz mails would be sent using a script running on server.
So, the only high requirement is CPU speed nd RAM.

Cheers

The offer I posted should be plenty sufficient to handle your needs. By the way that server is located in our Phoenix Datacenter. We currently have 4 in stock.

Guys, you realize that 30 million emails/day is 350 emails/second. I haven't seen a mailserver that can handle this.

rolly said:
hmm, does that come with control panel, webmail etc features installed .. or just raw hardware with windows installed ?
if ya can throw a bit of insight on your offer ?

Helm is a hugely popular Windows control panel :)

It has webmail installed, you are of course free to install any other mail server you hold a license for.

err .. i just noticed one thing
30 million mails a day .. the mail the client gave me is a text email of size abt 7 kb. including header info etc, let the total size be 10 kb.
hence 30 million mails x 10 kb = 3000 GB bandwidth a day
that makes it 90,000 GB bandwidth a month ... thats too much to ask for i guess.
Also, abt the point "ingfina" raised, well thats nt much issue, since will distribute it in abt 100 application pools on the server and my script running on one applxn pool can send abt 1000 mails a minute.

But still, seeing everything especially bandwidth requirements, the project seems unfeasible.
What do ya experienced guys suggest ?
Any way i can offer a soln to the client or should I say that not feasible ?

Well you could try sending the emails in a smaller volume spread out across a couple 10MB unmetered connections. Is what I'd do.

Back