• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows Dedicated Needed

Jackel.ca

Hello,

I am currently in need of a windows dedicated server, the requirements are not exactly high nor low. This server will be dedicated to running an MMORPG game server, unfortunatley the server budget is incredibly low, as in $70.00 /monthly.

The server does not need an incredible amount of HD space, perhaps 20GB - 40GB, the ram is a bit important so anything from 512 + is great. The CPU doesn't need to be incredible, perhaps a low end AMD or something? I will require a 100mbit port though, the current server web stats are an average of 700 uniques daily and increasing.

I hope you do not find the budget too low, if need be, we can place a site wide banner of your services to our web (awstats screen shot(s) available upon request).

Payment: PayPal
No setup fee please.
unmanaged.

Thank you,
Jackel.

Last edited:
Your budget is not enough for the windows dedicated server, you need to raise your budget significantly.

Hello Jame-A,

I'm afraid that's not an option but just for kicks, what do you recommend the budget should be?

Thank you,
Jackel.

Hello ingfina,

I'm sorry but I can't really see why it would be $30.00 on top of my budget, I'm not asking for a managed server nor am I asking for a "todays" server. Infact, all I would really require at first is something like this:

AMD - (1.5 - 2.0 GHZ)
RAM - 512+
HD - 40GB +
BW - ?
Budget: $50.00 - $60.00

I'm not 100% on what a package like this would go for but I'm sure it can't be much more then what my budget is.

Anyhow thanks,
Jackel.

Last edited:
I would think again about them

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=520114&highlight=dediwebhost
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=508358&highlight=dediwebhost

Which mmorpg is this? I may be able to work out a deal for a "shared" dedicated server solution as we do run gameservers as well. you would of course have full access to all gamefiles and configurations needed for your server. Depending on which game it is we may be able to work out something. Email me if you would be interested

Hello AvailNetworks,

I appreciate your offer greatly but I'm afraid a shared plan would not be sufficient, the game server alone is a RAM chomper and would most definitely conflict with the other clients.

Thanks,
Jackel.

that should not be a problem. I had a particular machine in mind that I generally run very lean because it is a match server for a tournament site I run (dual opteron/2gb/80gb/100mbit/win2k3) IF the dedicated server you are looking for would only have 512mb ram, there is actually only about 256mb usable because of o/s overhead.

This should be far more than enough to cover what you need. What mmorpg is this anyway?

Perhaps we could work something out, yet I'm not sure though. I would require full remote access to the box, the website, forums will also need to be hosted and the game server requires MSSQL.

For your question, the MMORPG is Aglaia Online, a discontinued project that was being developed by kiwi games.

If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Jackel.

mssql should not be a problem if express will work that is. Remote access is not a problem either. the game panel I use grants access to all you would need. Webhosting would be taken care of on another machine

I will do some research on the game and see if it is possible. Unfortunately the other guys here are indeed right. Windows licenses are about $30/mo just on their own and machines that small are hard to come by for anything less than $100/mo.

Another option would be to buy a more powerful machine and see if you could sublet out some of the space to recover your costs

I don't think this will work out I'm afraid. Both web and game server need to run native and I really do require full remote desktop enabling me to install any application(s) necessary to run and expand my services.

Although, your offer is greatly appreciated and I thank you for even considering it.

Again, thanks alot!

Jackel.

not a problem, good luck in your search. Would the other option work out I had suggested (subletting out space on a higher end machine)

Jackel, I would not recommend dediwebhost.com or any affiliate. Stay away. A server with a legal windows license should cost in teh $80's-$90's if it were located in a reputable data center.

I appreciate the warnings.

Though, I am a bit bummed about a windows dedicated being some what costly.. I figured I could probably atleast get a low end for the $50.00 - $60.00 budget range but it's not looking to great.

Thanks anyhow,
Jackel.

Yes. You can get a low end server for $60-$70. BUT you then need to pay an extra $20-$30 to use windows on the server, as it's not free like linux systems. Bringing the price up to $80-$90.

Windows 2003 Web Edition would cost $11/mo + tax
Windows 2003 Standard Edition would cost about $25/mo + tax

You need a minimum of standard to run mssql.

WHM said:
Jackel, I would not recommend dediwebhost.com or any affiliate. Stay away. A server with a legal windows license should cost in teh $80's-$90's if it were located in a reputable data center.

This is based on?

Dediwebhost.com are ok.

Back