• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 7?

I would download it for free.

We don't condone illegal activity here, just to warn you.

Anyway, is it only me who thinks Windows XP Mode is a little bit funny? Backwards compatibility on a Windows PC? Oh, the irony :lol:

We don't condone illegal activity here, just to warn you.

Anyway, is it only me who thinks Windows XP Mode is a little bit funny? Backwards compatibility on a Windows PC? Oh, the irony :lol:

There is something called the compatibility mode, where is the irony? Windows has had it for quite a while...

PS: Downloading it isn't illegal, if you aren't using a unique key that's the illegal part.

What? Seriously? XP and Vista (and 2000?) both had compatibility modes to support legacy software designed to run on their pre-NT releases. I don't think you know what irony means.

There is something called the compatibility mode, where is the irony? Windows has had it for quite a while...

Windows ALWAYS has compatibility problems! The fact Windows 7 needs XP behind it to cover compatibility issues?! That to me shows one company who can't use backwards compatibility, unlike the OS I use :lol:

Windows ALWAYS has compatibility problems! The fact Windows 7 needs XP behind it to cover compatibility issues?! That to me shows one company who can't use backwards compatibility, unlike the OS I use :lol:

That's because Apple doesn't change the OS enough to cause any problems. 'Nuff said, this is a discussion about Windows 7 anyways.

XP mode isn't there for the average user, it's meant mostly for businesses that have developed in-house software that can't necessarily be migrated to newer kernels (easily or cost efficiently) because they use bad programming practice.

So MS didn't implement it because they made mistakes but more because some developers didn't code their stuff well and now the companies are stuck on XP. XP mode is mainly a tactic to get more enterprises on 7...

Anyway that's the way I see it

Do you only come here to post about how great your mac is?

I see it the same as bariteau, most people haven't upgraded to Vista from XP, in order to just upgrade to Windows 7, I haven't. My reason is because it would run terribly on my PC (Vista), so XP support needs to be there. Even if it's temp whilst companies update their code, which is usually always the case unless development has ceased.

Snow Leopard if you bother to get out your own --- and look has had tons of problems with compatibility, let alone upgrades. You just don't want to admit Windows 7 is great.

I use Mac OS X. I bought the Snow Leopard upgrade. Apple is breaking compatibility now for previous software... don't preach to the choir if you spread all the facts.

Secondly, I NEVER have compatibility issues on Windows. I'm not bashing Apple here, I use it every day... I'm just saying I don't have compatibility issues.

I have to say, the only compatibility problems I've had is running old childhood games from like 98.. but you eventually get them to work.

I can't really comment on Mac due to never properly using it everyday but I have seen alot of articles on places like Gizmodo and Engadget with problems with upgrade and even the whole user accounts deleting.

...and yet Microsoft, not even 3 days after releasing 7 has already complied their own list, hosted by themselves, listing (not-supported 100% on the 7 frameworks) support for applications and hardware. Which hardware wise, isn't theirs to cater drivers for. Yet Apple failed to make Bluetooth (For one) work correctly on most of their own Macs!

Microsoft would have made Vista a big success if they had done as they did with 7, had better management and communication between developers/hardware vendors and customers. Which Microsoft HAS apologized and put their hands up to, it's now showing. Apple can't play that card anymore.

Last edited:
I have been using Windows 7 and so far I really like it. Havent paid much attention to "performance" but since I have had no issues at all, I am guessing performance is good as well.

You shouldn't take backwards compatibility for granted in everything. It's a new OS, it's new for a reason. If old programs don't work on it straight off the bat, there's probably a reason for that.

That said, I've had issues with backwards compatibility with Vista - all of which I have solved - and so far, no issues whatsoever in Windows 7.

Love Windows 7

I used vista for 1 month and got sick of it. Then I switched back to xp. When windows 7 came out I switched immediately. The first thing I have noticed is the speed. I used it on a 1.4Ghz single core computer with 2 GB ram. It ran faster than xp any day. I love it! GO WINDOWS 7!!!

I purchased a laptop with Vista on it and hated it (Vista, not the laptop lol). It was truly awful for me.

Anywhoo, the moment Windows 7 came out I installed it (I re-formatted the Vista partition and installed Windows 7 afresh), and haven't looked back.

It's much better than Vista.

Back