• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 7?

No plans to order it. Can't afford it personally and it's basically vista with a new task bar and it, "runs a bit faster". But I find Vista quite fast already on my beasty tower :)

I have to say, it runs extremely snappy on my machine (Intel Core 2 duo P8400 w/4gb RAM). More snappy than Vista Home Premium that I was running before, of course I have only loaded about 15 applications.

It didn't load a few drivers for me, my HDMI out needed updated drivers, my fingerprint scanner didn't load, and I still have about 4 items in device manager that are missing drivers, just haven't bothered figuring out what they are yet.

Windows Gadgets still suck as it only has a few and the gallery for those are complete rubbish.

I love the new taskbar, I find it makes me feel like I am doing less even tho I have a 100000 windows open. It seems like a nice upgrade

That stopped months ago didn't it? I know they allowed the RC download, with the key that expired but even the main OS links (After checking for myself on the Microsoft/MSDN) are all offline, unless you pay for a DVD which is buying the OS anyway, or a MSDN subscription which is like thousands.

That stopped months ago didn't it? I know they allowed the RC download, with the key that expired but even the main OS links (After checking for myself on the Microsoft/MSDN) are all offline, unless you pay for a DVD which is buying the OS anyway, or a MSDN subscription which is like thousands.
It all looks okay for me in the subscriptions area, I haven't directly looked at 7 though. But I do know that I'm a sub-user for a company that's the main registered user or w.e. under MSDN and there is the $10k addon enabled on the account, so idk!

Have mine from Amazon, trying to sell it for $150 CAD though so I can get a better deal somewhere else :D

Back