• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 2k vs ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

[lhomme]

I've decided to switch from ME to either Windows 2k Pro or XP Pro. Which should I choose?

I'm looking for the more stable and the less resources use. I use my pc mainly for word processing, gaming and web design. Any suggestions?

Thanks. :cool:

Windows 2000 PRO by far... it works with most games but not older ones... you have to do compatibility mode. 2k Pro is far more stable than XP Pro.

my Windows ME is special.

Does not hog memory
Seldom hangs
Faster than a 1.7ghz XP computer when loading

i've had Win2k Pro, XP Pro, and WinME.. i found XP to be the most stable... and WinMe the shytiest... and 2k in the middle...

Originally posted by Daniel
My 286 has only DOS and it loads faster than all your computers put together. :p
Well of course, all our computer put together would take years to load.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
ME is just a memory hogger.
I guess that depends what you use it for. I have no problems with it and besides we can't all afford to buy another OS if we aren't happy with one or the other.

Originally posted by Daniel
My 286 has only DOS and it loads faster than all your computers put together. :p

yea right , mine loads the fastest because its never off :p

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Windows 2000 PRO by far... it works with most games but not older ones... you have to do compatibility mode. 2k Pro is far more stable than XP Pro.

er - no

XP pro with all updates is the most stable OS :cool:

Originally posted by Jan

I guess that depends what you use it for. I have no problems with it and besides we can't all afford to buy another OS if we aren't happy with one or the other.
agreed!!1

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

er - no

Good god, what are you smoking? :p

WinME takes 3 mins to load at school, but then it's school. :biggrin2:

Originally posted by cdudeuk18

er - no

No way.... 2000 Pro is by far more stable. Again, what have you been smoking?

Hrc, WinME sucks period. Sure maybe it loads quickly for you but it does not load quickly on my dad's Sony VAIO Pentium III 700Mhz. Quite talking about it. You are one of those odd cases where WinME actually works.

Before things get personal I would just like to say thanks - I'll go for 2000.

:topic:

(btw - that similie was stuck there for the hell of it - I like that similie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back