• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 2003 Issues

LSComputers

NLC
Hello,

Not normal for me to publish an help request, however:

I have an client that has a windows 2003 server with us. Its connected to an 100mbps port etc.

On speedtest.net client has the following results:

IE - 15mbps down, 25mbps up
FF - 10mbps down, 2mbps up

Now, this is an issue, client operates an legal videos company. They do tutorials etc. They are trying to upload video files and the upload speeds are around 200kps on FF or 500-800kps in IE.

Just wondering if anyone knows what could be the issue that we should look into. I have tried replacing the network card to be sure its not that. I have tested several small things but am coming up short.

Need some more ideas.

So the issue is that IE gives them faster speeds? I've had this myself, I can download 2MB-4MB/s on average in IE but in Firefox I'm usually hitting 500KBs on average. Bit faster in Opera, with around 1MB/s.

Yea,

That seems to be the issue, FF is just hella slow on the upload.

I have read that its a registry problem that windows's IE can manipulate but the others can't. The issue is with an windows server I don't want to muck with this, so wasn't sure if anyone has had this before and knows of a different way to fix.

Back