• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Win2000 or Win2003?

Rianon

Im basically switching from WinXP to either one of the two. My friend recommends going with Win2000 since Win2003 is new. I'll be using the server version of either one of them. So I just want your ideas and comments on which one I should go with. I'll probably play a game or two on it.

You're going to switch from an OS that costs $250 to one that costs $1200 just to play games? :confused4

In any case as an answer: Windows 2003 Server wasn't designed with playing games in mind so be prepared to go hunt around for a way to turn hardware acceleration back on and to enable individual DirectX components that are off by default.

Why do you want to switch away from Windows XP in the first place? :confused4

CareBear said:
You're going to switch from an OS that costs $250 to one that costs $1200 just to play games? :confused4

In any case as an answer: Windows 2003 Server wasn't designed with playing games in mind so be prepared to go hunt around for a way to turn hardware acceleration back on and to enable individual DirectX components that are off by default.

Why do you want to switch away from Windows XP in the first place? :confused4
When a person can decide to switch from a $200 dollar OS to a $1200 dollar OS, you can betcha bottoms that it's an illegal copy.

Robert said:
When a person can decide to switch from a $200 dollar OS to a $1200 dollar OS, you can betcha bottoms that it's an illegal copy.
That was my initial thought as well. Adding dollar values to the products usually gets the point across to everyone else without making it an obvious slap :p.

Robert said:
Unless he's really loaded.

Not surprising for people that have an expensive Athlon 64 FX55 system with that expensive Radeon X800 XT PE video card. LOL. :shame: They seem to not care if the OS is bloated. :rolleyes2

Games ran good for me when using Windows 98 SE on my Athlon XP system. :cool2:

AMD wants almost $1000 dollars for the Athlon 64 FX55 processor chip alone :(.

Another approximately $500 dollars for that Radeon X800 XT PE video card. :rolleyes2

Last edited:
Back