• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Will buy someone a .COM or .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojance

Im not sure if this is the right forum in which i should post this, but if its not, MODS please change it to whatever forum category it fits in.

Im gonna offer you guys the chance to win a free domain name, a .COM or .NET, which ever you prefer. Here is what you will have to give me, in order to select who will be the winner of this give away.

1. Whats your name and age.
2. If you want, send the domain name to me thru PM or dont, whatever is fine.
3. What will you use the domain for?
4. Are you willing to put a small text link?

Winner will be choosen January 31st.

Good luck all.

Last edited:
1) Joel - 18...+ :p
2) I'll tell you if I'm picked
3) My website, a submission of funny content which sort've operates like EbaumsWorld, but with a queue list and a much better site.
4) Yep

1)Gavin, 16
2)[Requested URL name hidden by the moderator]
3)My webcomics website, which features many webcomics free to people to read..
4)A large link, or a banner, on every page..

Last edited by a moderator:
tmgavin - edit the domain name out before someone else goes 'oh yeh that's a good one' and registers it before you can win it :eek2:

1. Whats your name and age.
2. What will be the desired domain name you want. <--- Very important.
3. What will you use the domain for?
4. Are you willing to put a small text link?

Very important ? as Decker said, how do we know if you not the one that buy others domains if you like them ?

1. Jinlong Ye. 16
2. xolite.com
3. My website will contain mostly information and discussion about technology. We also have topliste feature and affiliation program with alot of websites around the world. Also features download of web templates submitted for users and much more....
4. A link back, a tag OR a banner and We will also submit your website in the toplist and affiliate with you!!!

Last edited:
Hi Yojance:

Why don't you ask people to respond by PM? -- then they could list the desired URL so you could see it, but nobody else could see it.

Jerry

Yeah, didnt think about that, If you want, send the domain name to thru PM or dont post it at all, whatever is fine. Just say what you want it for.

AKI, I have no intention to buy any domain that they post here for my personal use, It never corssed my mind. Just wait till January 31st and you will see that someone got a domain from me. Its not the first time I have done it, I have bought a couple of domains for friends, like, www.adriotstudios.com, www.x-nitecrawler.com, www.andycisneroz.com, which will soon be used for his online portfolio.

Im just trying to help someone out,You never know, I may even do this every month, That way I can even help bring even more people to this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Jim - 17...+
2) I'll tell you if I'm picked
3) A free forum hosting site (although I am searching for the script.) If not, a Joke site.
4) No... I am willing to add something bigger, like an ad :)

1. Ryan McDevitt(20)
2. The Domain will be sent to you when(or if) I'm picked
3. What will you use the domain for: I will use it for a place for invision users to post there comments and hacks. And a general offtopic place(forum software IPB)
4. Are you willing to put a small text link?: Yes I am

1. Mike 14
2. If or when you pic me i'll give you the url i want
3. I need it as a site for: STUFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
4. Are you willing to put a small text link?: yep and a banner if you want dude
5.GIVE IT TO ME MY PRECIOUUUUUUUUUS! :bandit2:

1. Name + Age: Josh 16
2. Domain: I'll PM my choice to you if I win.
3. What will you use the domain for: A super news aggregator. (It's a lot more complicated then that, but that is the "shortened" version of what I want to do.)
4. Are you willing to put a small text link?: Yes

Note: I may or may not be able to complete the site, so no promises (school, work, etc). I can tell you I will try my best though, and it could be very interesting...

Thanks

1. Clement Ong, 19+ years old

2. i'll let you know if i get accepted

3. The domain will be used for my personal portfolio site.
Its where all my works and designs like avatars, signatures, wallpapers, templates etc are displayed.
i help people to make free templates once in a while because i know that it cost quite a big amount of money for poor people who cant afford to go to these designers who charge. Even though my designs are the greatest, i still try to come up with something that's acceptable..i'm proud of my own designs and i'll not afraid to say that..nothing beats designing my own designs.
i do hope to get some paid clients though because i need to save up some money for my future use..[like marriage]
The top level domain would definitely make my site sound more professional.
If i'm using a subdomain or some url-redirection service, even potential clients would not trust me too much..That's the way it is, which is why the .com or .net domain would be really useful for me and it definitely will not be a waste of money on your part.
I would have paid for one if i'm not a poor dude.

My portfolio site is undergoing some overhaul so i cant show you the site that the domain would be for..

however, you could take a look at some samples of my work:

http://www.clement.uni.cc --> this is a site dedicated to my gal and myself. i love her a lot which is why i came up with the site for us.

http://www.cfxhost.info --> my hosting service. this hosting service was given to me for free by a really nice chap. i provide free hosting to people who i feel really needs the hosting as i understand the pain of not being able to find a reliable host that's free. i do hope to find some paid clients too but that would be difficult because of the free reseller that i'm getting..which is fine with me.

http://www.ultimategaming.info/ --> a gaming template i made for another dude.. it wasnt exactly free..he paid me with some forum money..which i havent used for anything so far.

4. Yup sure do!

Cyber said:
1. Name + Age: Josh 16
2. Domain: I'll PM my choice to you if I win.
3. What will you use the domain for: A super news aggregator. (It's a lot more complicated then that, but that is the "shortened" version of what I want to do.)
Thanks

Please update FWS with what's happening with your news aggregator. Your news aggregator sounds interesting
:)

Yojance said:
Im gonna offer you guys the chance to win a free domain name, a .COM or .NET, which ever you prefer.

I notice that Yojance said, "win a free domain name;" does this mean that the winner will have exclusive ownership & rights to the domain name?
Or will Yojance (and/or any company Yojance might be affiliated with) own the exclusive rights to the domain name? If Yojance owns the rights to the domain name, the "winner" in effect is winning the permission of use but not the authority of control.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back