• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WidgetBucks Legit?

Dufe

I was wondering if Widgetbucks is legit and really pays? just by Doing a bit of searching about it on google you will find that some people haven't been paid and there is claims that it is a scam. I want to know, is it?

Every website that offers you something, if it's a high amount of cash earnt, they will try to say you broke the terms, meaning you don't get paid. Saying they just "never got paid" means nothing.

Read the T&C's carefully and make sure you can follow them to the letter and you should be okay.

If in doubt ask them, they want as many publishers as possible, it's how they make money :)

Any of the advertising programs can easily say the're not paying as you broke it - if their advertisers don't pay them they won't pay you.

They had a few problems at first with many people getting banned at a whim, but I haven't heard any negative feedback in a while now. It seems they have settled down somewhat, but I am not tempted to try them out just yet ;)

As Decker said, read the TOS before you signup and good luck with it!

they want as many publishers as possible, it's how they make money :)

You sure about that? I signed up at the widgetbucks site and my account got denied because apparently I had invalid details ( I double checked to make sure things I entered were right!) and the account has been suspended after they denied it so I can't try to reapply. I submitted a support ticket to the mpire support for widgetbucks and haven't got a reply yet.

There must have been something that triggered that, are you in a geographical area accepted by them for example, or is your site not accepted due to subject or content?

In otherwords did you read the T&C's carefully :wink2:

I also had problems with them nefore. I was applying for a publisher account at them and then wait a few days for an answer. And guess what, they banned me cause I HAVE an invalid domain. So, I use their support ticket to file a case, saying my domain name is valid. After a few days(2-3), I got a reply saying that it was a misunderstanding that I have an invalid domain. Banning cause it's their mistake... I got my account back and let's wait and see what will happen next. :)

No don't use them.

I tried using them for a couple months, I know some people clicked on the ad because they told me... and I never got paid for it. I got $0.00 from them, so don't trust them.

They are legit..

You will get money from clicks only if they originate from a country like US..

I believe for the rest of the world its CPM..

Don't recommend WidgetBucks at all

I had an account with them once and they cancelled it due to no reason; had like $40 in my account for which I drove traffic naturally.

If a company is professional they should at least tell me what I did wrong. Trying to log in to your account and finding out that it's banned without even a warning email is certainly very dissapointing!

So my advice is NOT to use them.

I used them on a proxy awhile ago, and they terminated my account because "I was asking people to click adverts"

Strange thing was, I put google on there after and still earnt 4-5 times as much per month ;)

Guess some networks work best for some sites, but still. I would not trust them, I never asked people to click the adverts on any of my sites.

To check whether a site is legit usually, I do follow a simple checklist to see how well they do.

1) Use WhoisXY.com to check the whois information and check whether the contact information matches with the one in the website.
2) In the domain contact details, is there a valid email address.
3) Is there a valid phone number visible, and does it work ?
4) Go through review about them using Webutations.net and check whether they are scam free.

But I was not specified with the website that you have specified.

Back