• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Widescreen laptops - worth it?

Johnson

i love c&y
NLC
So I'm browsing eBay trying to decide whether to get a widescreen Powerbook, or a 14'' iBook. I'd much rather get a Powerbook, but even with the same specs they're about 150 - 200 more. So my question to you - is it worth getting a Powerbook?

Widescreen, = bigger, if the specs are the same.... its up to you... i myslef would prefer a widscreen, but its your desicion...

I won't do much traveling with it, I just prefer laptops because they're quieter and a space saver. Remember, the widescreen is $200 more.

I dont really like wide screen, Well not for typing business stuff. They are good for movies though. It depends if you are more likely to be watching movies or word processing.

For $200 you are only paying for the look and name of the screen and maybe what it has to offer

Depends on what you're type of computer you're getting for yourself. It seems that you don't plan to move it around much so bigger is better. You're looking for a desktop replacement it seems. Getting one with a larger screen would benefit you.

Usually, bigger screens are slightly cheaper then the small screens if they have same specs....

Widscreen makes lappy heavy and is of no use cause the screen is very close to eyes and i dont see any purpose of screen size bigger than 15" on lappy.

I was looking at either a 14'' normal screen, or a 15'' widescreen. Movies are widescreen, because that's how our eyes see in real life, so getting a widescreen laptop I figured I'd have better viewing experience.

i'd just go with whichever has the highest max resolution. its not worth it if the widescreen has a low resolution. i have a 14 inch widescreen and its nice, but not really that huge of an improvement. and the weight thing isnt really true. my 14" weighs about 4lbs. and is plenty protable. it actually fits better in bags because it is rectangular like a book instead of more square like a standard.

Mr. Johnson said:
I was looking at either a 14'' normal screen, or a 15'' widescreen. Movies are widescreen, because that's how our eyes see in real life, so getting a widescreen laptop I figured I'd have better viewing experience.

right on the money, I love widescreen. everything but my primary monitor is now widescreen. There is alot more screen real estate plus it just seems more natural

I think it's quite funny, what the point in going to all that trouble to get all the hardware in the little case, and then puttin a real big 22inch screen on it, it sort of defeats the object of a laptop...

I'm using a 15.4" widescreen laptop and like this one alot better than my old laptop that had a normal 14" screen.

I just bought a 13.3" MacBook yesterday and I freaking love it! I cannot get enough of it...Im at a hotel and I dont even want to leave it, I've been taking it to the pool. This thing has a screen that is not exactly widescreen, but it is wider than any screen that I have ever used. I really like being abe to see multiple windws at once etc. If the powerbook is an extra 100-200, I'd say go for it! :)

Back