• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why would anyone use JSP?

conkermaniac

VIP
NLC
It just doesn't make sense to use JSP for any website. I have heard that the first time a user views a page, it loads very slowly, even though it becomes very robust and speedy the next few times around. Even so, I cannot understand why anyone who is concerned with attracting visitors would use it. Users are looking for speed in a website, and if it's slow the first time try it, they won't be back to find out how quick it is the next few times around. :p

jsp, not quite slow really but I dunno, heh...
one of the fastest site I saw is this forum, even if I had tons of downloads, I can still browse here fast.
:cool2:

Huh? This forum isn't written in JSP. :confused:

MLB.com does have a forum written in JSP, I believe, and it's pretty darn slow! :confused2

LOL, I made a mistake. The MLB forum is coded in ASP, which is also a rather clumsy language. :D

Anyway, I've only seen one JSP board ever, and that was a test JSP WWWBoard on JSP Resource Index. ;)

Biggulp and raz0r: I know the forum script that both those boards use. Would you believe that they charge $100 for personal sites, $500 for medium-sized communities who want more features, and still more for large communities and organizations. I mean, I'd go for vB anyday! ;)

And guitarnerd: It looks like you're thinking about Java applets. JSP isn't any more "real" programming than is PHP or ASP. JSP and ASP are practically twin languages; in fact, I think Sun copied Microsoft when they made the language. ;)

I have an online Math Class that is all JSP except for a plug in it uses and it is really slow but very advanced. It has some cool features. I was thinking about JavaScript at the time though my bad

Back