• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why isn't General Discussion busier?

AcidJazz

For a forum with over 60,000 members this section is rather dead. That's pretty surprising when you compare this board to some others of similar user base. Why do you think it is quiet in here and what could be done to boost the traffic?

I'm an off-topic junkie myself and frequent many forums just to post in this section and I would like to see more conversations here as well. I like this place and its members, but it's a shame that not many discuss things related to more than just hosting.

Share your views and opinions on the subject please.

P.S. Wanted to add that the amount of threads/posts in General Discussion is impressive, yet I fail to see any real activity here. :confused:

Most just come for hostin I think, and then leave when they have it, which is pretty rude, but what can you do.....

It's called Free Web Space, not Place to Post Lots of Crap in General Discussion Forum Board, or PPLCGDFB for short.

AcidJazz said:
Why isn't General Discussion busier?

Because you touch yourself at night.

Or maybe because...all the coolest members never visit, and only pop in because they want to grab their avatar to make use of somewhere else.

Mr. Johnson said:
It's called Free Web Space, not Place to Post Lots of Crap in General Discussion Forum Board, or PPLCGDFB for short.
Or they post all the stuff in the test forum :lol:

Mr. Johnson said:
In this case, answer me why is it that this section is first on the entire forum by the amount of posts then?

As it stands, this place fully qualifies for PPLCGDFB title.

Personally, I'm damn lazy. I can't think of the last time I actually STARTED a topic (EDIT...turns out it was this one...July 1st...yup)...though I can't begin to count the number of times I've taken a topic out of relevance.

I'm sure I'm wel on my way to doing that very thing with this thread.

I want nachos.

Last edited:
Because many of the members hardly ever visit. The message when I logged in said I last visited in April...

Back