• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Ford is losing money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
I was reading some reviews about a cell phone today and when looking at a demo picture shot with the phone's camera, I noticed something interesting in the picture itself.

Picture: http://www.mobile-review.com/review/image/nokia/n73/n73photos/k800/DSC00022.JPG

If you look behind the yellow car, you will notice something that looks like ford focus, and then realize it is a ford focus because on the ford badge.

Anyone can spot the difference?

FordFocus01.jpg

Why is that the european version is so much better looking?
It's sleeker, cleaner and looks more sophisticated.

Perhaps if Ford would make their models slightly better here they wouldn't lose those 12 billion dollars?

Do you guys have this?

I thought they were losing money because everyone is moving away from SUV's and trucks.

Last edited:
We don't have the ST here. One engine choice only; no performance model.

Here's the flash microsite of the ST for those interested: Click

That's the same as euro :)

//edit
Looking at the Australian site it seems you guys don't have any 3-door hatch heh.

Last edited:
We get nothing in North America.

No Japanese Kei cars ever made it here. No Honda Beat, No Suzuki Cappuccino, no Alto-Works RS-R, nothing.

Europe already has the VW dual-charged 1.4L turbo/supercharged engine producing 170hp with 40mpg. Europe already has all the new diesel engines, none of which will ever be available anytime soon in North America.

For the most part, Ford's best cars are available overseas. Same thing for every other car manufacturer. Toyota, makers of the world's most boring cars, have a Toyota Matrix AWD with 240hp in Europe. The AWD model we get is a lousy 180hp.

Last edited:
I've seen both of those cars here before... and yes, the Europe-only car is much better looking :)

F - F**ked
O - Over
R - Rebuilt
D - Dodge

F - Found
O - On
R - Road
D - Dead

F - F**king
O - Obvious
R - Rotten
D - Deal

:p:p:p

and, i dont really think that, it is just a joke. i used to own a 68 bronco. i miss it :( oh, and when i first got it, i could be (found on road dead) lol. but when i found the problem and fixed it, it ran great.

I think American Car companies are losing money because it is now the in thing to hate American Cars. Everyone want to be a Ricer with their honeybee sounding sport tuned Honda Accord. It seems to be the in thing.

Now I myself haven't found an import I like. I drive a 1995 Eddie Bauer Ford Bronco and I love it. Couldn't have a better vehicle, especially when some stupid drunk crashes into me as he's coming home from his street racing in his lowered import, he'll be crushed and I won't be, the world will work as it should :p. But seriously, I gotta get a car for college here in less than 6 months. So far my list is a Crown Victoria, Taurus, Explorer, Trailblazer. Waiting to see which one I can get.

F - F**ked
O - Over
R - Rebuilt
D - Dodge

F - Found
O - On
R - Road
D - Dead

F - F**king
O - Obvious
R - Rotten
D - Deal

:p:p:p

and, i dont really think that, it is just a joke. i used to own a 68 bronco. i miss it :( oh, and when i first got it, i could be (found on road dead) lol. but when i found the problem and fixed it, it ran great.

You forgot a couple,

F - Flip
O - Over
R - Read
D - Directions

F - Fix
O - Or
R - Repair
D - Daily

And if you flip it over you get..

D - Driver
R - Returns
O - On
F - Foot

Thats pretty much been my luck with fords, thats why I'm a MOPAR fan cuz my Ram 1500 is great for work, muddin, and being my daily driver. :p

M - Move
O - Over
P - People
A - Are
R - Racing

:p

they lost about $2000 PER car they SOLD in the USA. the reason nobosdy buys then is because performance in american cars are poor compared to foreign cars..... and foreign cars seem to be cheaper.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back