• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why are reported hosts still posting?

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
I have an issue and now needs to go public. I have reported UpReseller before for his allowing warez and nulled scripts. Evidently NOTHING was done as this host is still posting and showcasing his offshore hosting that openly states warez and nulled scripts are allowed.

Sorry, I have a huge problem with hosts like this and when they are reported nothing is done. He was reported yet again, now we will see if the proper action is taken. I remember while reporting and suggesting someone be banned, I was basically told not to tell an Admin what to do, which I wasn't. Now unfortunately if that is what it seems then so be it, since no one seems to care on the administrative end that these types of hosts post.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 16
That's all well and good, but the fact is he is still allowed to post, which is my main beef.

People that willingly allow illegal activity should not have the privilege to post here, yet are.

Completely agree. You can give all the infractions you want...that doesn't stop them from posting about warez and illegal material. If you're still going to allow them to post, you should edit their posts to remove the illegal material and give them an infraction. Otherwise, what good does it do?

Completely agree. You can give all the infractions you want...that doesn't stop them from posting about warez and illegal material. If you're still going to allow them to post, you should edit their posts to remove the illegal material and give them an infraction. Otherwise, what good does it do?
While editing posts is fine, the problem with this specific user is that he states all this in his plans on his site. To me that doesn't give him a free pass.

You allow it, you are gone for good, that's what I feel should happen.

While editing posts is fine, the problem with this specific user is that he states all this in his plans on his site.

Ahhhh, didn't even check. Yep, completely agree. There is no place for that. The infractions (and leaving his posts) aren't actually going to do anything to fix the problem.

There was no illegal info in the posts themselves, but he had links to the offer page on his site where he mentioned the kind of offers we don't allow here.

We somehow missed this over Christmas and New Years, but it's been sorted now. Thanks.

what about the constant abuse of his rule, it's all over this forum and performed mostly by the people crying in this thread about what other hosts are doing, you guys are making my ears bleed

6. Web hosts are not allowed to reply to another web hosts thread, unless it's an offer for servers which the web host is honestly interested in. Web hosts may also not post bad comments about other hosts ("host bashing")

Yeah, the tone here by some members towards other members are not ok. Host bashing is not ok. If there is something wrong with an offer it should be reported not flamed.

If I was running a host I would imagine that a friendly and calm reply would look more professional than a host coming here bashing another host.

what about the constant abuse of his rule, it's all over this forum and performed mostly by the people crying in this thread about what other hosts are doing, you guys are making my ears bleed

6. Web hosts are not allowed to reply to another web hosts thread, unless it's an offer for servers which the web host is honestly interested in. Web hosts may also not post bad comments about other hosts ("host bashing")
I know in my instance, since I am not a host, I can ask question relating to services offered or for those seeking webhosting. In that aspect, if someone wants to host, say adult pictures, I can and do in fact ask if they have permission to do so. By permission, this isn't some wiseass response like "I don't need my momma's permission", this is in fact that 99.9% of any image online are copyright of the person who took them. If that person/company sees you hosting their work w/o permission, then not only your site is likely to go down, but they can shut the provider down as well.

Host bashing is really a touchy situation. If a host has gone under several times for whatever reasons, then it should be brought to the attention of potential clients. Why there is a difference in myself pointing this out or someone who is a host is beyond me.

Regardless, I look out for both the host and the potential client. If a host is sketchy, I will certainly state that in that post. If a person is known to host illegal material, I will again make sure that is known for potential hosts.

On a side not for you specifically, a setup fee negates a free offer as a free hosting offer. If you need to pay for anything, then it is not free.

Last edited:
There is a huge difference between "host bashing" and providing facts.

There are a lot of hosting companies here who actually care about potential clients and don't want to see them scammed by hosting "companies" that aren't really legitimate companies at all, have no idea what they're doing, etc. This has become an industry where little kids are running hosting businesses out of their parents' basements, and as a result, clients get screwed.

In fact, most of these hosting "companies" should consider themselves lucky that they're only getting a good tongue lashing here, and not being reported to their Secretary of State/Attorney General.

And Mr. Doolittle, you can attempt to give me all the -rep you want, but it's true. In any other industry, business, or situation, these fake companies and folks not running legitimate businesses or paying taxes would be shut down by the Attorney General, and have their assets frozen in the middle of the night by the feds. The forum owners would be contacted by the IRS (or US Marshals Office) with a court order to remove all posts/advertisements from the "company", and everybody is happy. ;)

That's how it works when people operate illegal businesses. I'm sorry our "crying" is "making your ears bleed." Not only is the subject matter of this thread running an illegal business, he is also using pirated software. You're okay with that?

Host bashing is really a touchy situation. If a host has gone under several times for whatever reasons, then it should be brought to the attention of potential clients. Why there is a difference in myself pointing this out or someone who is a host is beyond me.
People should do their own research. Your derailment of threads is detrimental to the community as a whole.

Jan,

I'm honestly really sorry you feel that way. I would think you guys would actually want potential clients/forum members to be warned about scams and illegal businesses. When people get scammed here enough from these folk, they'll just stop using this forum, and will go someplace else.

If you think his posts derail the threads and are detrimental to the community, you should see how constant court orders would derail things. ;)

There are ways to discuss things without being obnoxious about it.

If I was a guest browsing this forum, I sure wouldn't sign up.

Should hosts be allowed to warn potential clients about another host? Yes, if it's something serious absolutely but not in the way some members here do it, no.

There's a report button you can use (as I know many of you do, and we appreciate that). Or if you are not a webhost and really feel that you must reply please consider using a slightly more friendly tone. That's all.

People should do their own research. Your derailment of threads is detrimental to the community as a whole.
EXCUSE ME?!?

You wanna walk down this path, fine.

First, there have been hosts that have had several different hosting services and different usernames. You tell me how someone is supposed to do any research on a service if not only is the name different from what a person has run into the ground, but the name of the poster as well? Don't tell me it is against the rules to have more then 1 account here and think it doesn't happen, I can pretty much assure you there are several users with multiple accounts.

Second, this is MY thread. I had to post it because people like yourself either do not care that reported people host warez or other illegal content, or are too lazy to do anything about it. The basic response is "We didn't see it" or "There isn't anything there". I know when I report someone. I deal a dose of reality to people, so sorry you cannot handle that.

I try to maintain a community that educates people ignorant of the business on both sides, all I see you do lately is simply nitpick on users, seemingly because you can with your "administrator" status. So don't try and be all high and mighty, calling me detrimental since I bring out what problems there are, not only with hosts or users, but with the forum.

I have seen people blatantly flame you before, yet they are posting. I have seem people busted for having nulled software, yet are still posting. In fact of the few that are now banned from posting, are only so because I had to be "detrimental to the community and derail threads" to cleanse the forum of said people. Needless to say, while it was the management that ultimately banned them (as I do not have the access to do so), it is the members like myself that need to light the proverbial flames under your asses to get things done.

Last edited:
Back