• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS - Price question

Richard

CRM Consultant
Premium Member
Hello,

I know a fair few of you use WHMCS for your billing and support needs, and I want to attract a reply from you here. But I also want to attract a reply from people of other billing systems as well (CE, MB, etc).

To the people that already use WHMCS:

Where do you get your license from? (Host, WHMCS Direct, Reseller (URL?)) and how much do you pay per month for it? Also: For a lower monthly price, would you be willing to switch to another provider if support was done directly via whmcs.com's ticket system?

To the people that do not use WHMCS, but use a product such as CE, MB, etc.:

The licenses for WHMCS are $15.95/month, which I have to admit, is very pricey. What would you be willing to spend on a license for WHMCS? $12? $10? $7? If not, what would make you switch (New features, etc)?

This is just kind of a research post (I don't make many :p) if you do not wish to say publicly, please PM me, if you do not wish to say at all, please do not reply ;)

Thanks!

I got an owned license from someone over at WHT. Saves myself a couple of bucks. I wouldn't mind paying a lower fee at a reseller so long as the support is directly taken care by WHMCS.

I got an owned license from someone over at WHT. Saves myself a couple of bucks. I wouldn't mind paying a lower fee at a reseller so long as the support is directly taken care by WHMCS.

If for example we are talking monthly fee - What kind of price would you see worth it?

$15.95 is the monthly price from WHMCS, so would you consider switching to a reseller where support is managed by whmcs.com which is $10/month or under?

Yes, if the reseller was certified by WHMCS.com, and WHMCS.com took care of the support, I don't see any reason why I wouldn't buy the monthly license at a cheaper price.

I don't agree with the price rise myself, Matt's getting greedy if you ask me!.

ATM WHMCS is HOT, upping prices is a bad idea.

So you would be all for getting WHMCS for under $10/month then, with your own login to WHMCS.com to manage your license and support provided by WHMCS.com?

So you would be all for getting WHMCS for under $10/month then, with your own login to WHMCS.com to manage your license and support provided by WHMCS.com?

We get that anyway :p but for those who didn't know about this etc etc & I wont go into details (am sure all us certified resellers know already about the email).

I think certified resellers is the way to go for people who want to save, your at least saving a couple of $$.

Personally there isn't any money in reseller licenses (unless your reseller xxx licenses), waste of time, effort for a small return. When we thought about reselling WHMCS we wanted to use whmcs.co.uk which we own but Matt didn't agree which was fine, at least we asked him first, anyway, after that we resold via our main site which was great but the ins & outs didn't way up so we decided to discontinue this product from our line & just offer it free for our resellers.

Last edited:
Currently Buying Monthly WHMCS licence from direct WHMCS.com I cant be botherd going to a reseller to save 2$ or what not
Ill be buying my owned licence soon also direct from WHMCS.
Thats about all I can tell you

$15.95 is the monthly price from WHMCS, so would you consider switching to a reseller where support is managed by whmcs.com which is $10/month or under?
Mabye, But only if it was a company like yours that I knew wasnt going to waste my time/close down

Last edited:
Craig :p Think of some of the people that are not certified resellers, having to shell out $15.95/month :p

Currently Buying Monthly WHMCS licence from direct WHMCS.com I cant be botherd going to a reseller to save 2$ or what not
Ill be buying my owned licence soon also direct from WHMCS.
Thats about all I can tell you

What about saving $5.95/month, would that interest you?

edited above post, And I wouldnt really change to save that unless i knew the company selling, Last thing I would want was the company to close and stuff up my licence billing taking my WHMCS offline, But thats just me :p

Craig :p Think of some of the people that are not certified resellers, having to shell out $15.95/month :p

We all start somewhere ;)

Am glad to see Matt's finally registered as LTD, about bloody time if you ask me, also, am sure they must be hitting 50k soon pa, then its VAT time.

Is Matt still running the whole show? or does he have some staff now (am guessing forum staff).

I have had replies to tickets from 3 people (Matt being one of them)

I have to say, he is doing a good job with support (Or so I think ;))

I havent got WHMCS yet Richard, however i just thought id let you know that, while i wouldnt buy a monthly lisence direct (to pricey for my needs) if you were reselling at $10 (much more my kind of price :D ) i would almost definitely buy a monthly lisence.

Where do you get your license from? (Host, WHMCS Direct, Reseller (URL?)) and how much do you pay per month for it? Also: For a lower monthly price, would you be willing to switch to another provider if support was done directly via whmcs.com's ticket system?

I purchased an owned licence from a reseller for maybe 20 USD cheaper. The support is also handled by WHMCS themselves. I was not willing to go for the monthly option as I am interested in the very long term :)

Best wishes

RavenServers

I used to have my license through HD before they stopped selling the WHMCS licenses. I then went direct with WHMCS.

If the license was around $10 then it might make me want to move to a certified WHMCS reseller. :)

Back