• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS - Price question

The prices that Matt has slapped on WHMCS are no doubt a bit on the pricey side. I think he will lose a number of direct customers. So getting into reselling may be a smart move ;)

Hello,

I know a fair few of you use WHMCS for your billing and support needs, and I want to attract a reply from you here. But I also want to attract a reply from people of other billing systems as well (CE, MB, etc).

To the people that already use WHMCS:

Where do you get your license from? (Host, WHMCS Direct, Reseller (URL?)) and how much do you pay per month for it? Also: For a lower monthly price, would you be willing to switch to another provider if support was done directly via whmcs.com's ticket system?

To the people that do not use WHMCS, but use a product such as CE, MB, etc.:

The licenses for WHMCS are $15.95/month, which I have to admit, is very pricey. What would you be willing to spend on a license for WHMCS? $12? $10? $7? If not, what would make you switch (New features, etc)?

This is just kind of a research post (I don't make many :p) if you do not wish to say publicly, please PM me, if you do not wish to say at all, please do not reply ;)

Thanks!

$16 is not much, but it adds up with right along with your other hosting costs also...so long term, would it not be better to get the owned lic...of course if that is not an option, then of course $16 may sound very reasonable.

I don't agree with the price rise myself, Matt's getting greedy if you ask me!.

ATM WHMCS is HOT, upping prices is a bad idea.

is he? or maybe he is a business man that knows he has a hot
product that seems that everyone loves...You guys give him the power by paying him... he is putting bread on his table because he knows hes got a pretty damn good product, one day it maybe $19.95/mo - will people still use it, sure they will, because all of you empower him, and if he has 100 people and 50 leave, doesnt bother him, he still will be making money, and some of you complain over just a few $$, well, I know whos not making a profit in the hosting business if you complain over a few $$

yes, I do look at bang for my $$ also, sometimes you have to choke and just get
the better product and pay the $$

Hello,

I know a fair few of you use WHMCS for your billing and support needs, and I want to attract a reply from you here. But I also want to attract a reply from people of other billing systems as well (CE, MB, etc).

Where do you get your license from? (Host, WHMCS Direct, Reseller (URL?)) and how much do you pay per month for it? Also: For a lower monthly price, would you be willing to switch to another provider if support was done directly via whmcs.com's ticket system?

The licenses for WHMCS are $15.95/month, which I have to admit, is very pricey. What would you be willing to spend on a license for WHMCS? $12? $10? $7? If not, what would make you switch (New features, etc)?

This is just kind of a research post (I don't make many :p) if you do not wish to say publicly, please PM me, if you do not wish to say at all, please do not reply ;)

Thanks!

If i wanted to setup reseller hosting accounts, would WHMcs do this, or is WHMcs soley a support ticket system? im not really sure what all it can do, but I do hear quite a bit of good news about it.

Check the bulk prices.

Plus, you have just spammed up this thread, use the edit feature.

Hm, its not that expensive compared to most other billing systems that are the same thing.
Then again, I only pay $10.95/month for a license for WHMCS.

In my opinion it's far too expensive for a company starting out. I'll buy it - $2.50/mo limited to 5 clients. Then i'd upgrade as I got more clients.

If WHMCS is far too expensive for you, your in the wrong industry, you should be looking to shell out at least $1k up front.

We Are Using WHMCS from the start.
We have licence direct from WHMCS(its 13,95$/Mo)
Support Is Excellent.
Also I Believe that If you dont spend money in the start,then you will not make profit in the future.
Regards

WHMCS is the best thing out there and for a good price. I bought a owned license. Buying a owned license is cheaper than monthly i think.

Hello,

Thanks!

I'm using WHMCS, license via www.licensepal.com.

I don't think $15.95/month is pricy for a billing software license. Modernbill leased costs $24.95/month for the 1000 clients license, ClientExec also costs $15.95/month, WHMAutoPilot costs $19.95/month, etc.

Well, I have a leased from WHMCS $15.95/month with 5 reseller licenses worth $45/month.

Also, I have a owned ClientEXEC $170.

Which one of the above question should I answer, I use them both:)

Back