• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS or HostBill?

See Below

• HostBill

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • WHMCS

Votes: 75 84.3%

• Total voters
I have used both WHMCS & HostBill and am currently using HostBill on an owned license. (Purchased it before the new pricing came into place).

I have got to say I find HostBill much more useful especially for support tickets. I like the way without refreshing the page a new ticket will automatically appear in the open tickets page.

However I will admit WHMCS is more advanced and probably the safer choice.

WHMCS can also do that with support tickets. Simply go to Support -> Support Tickets -> Auto Refresh.

I've used WHMCS for years now and still recommend it over other billing/support systems.

@[JSH]John
i think what Tiger-Matt means is the beauty of hostbill's AJAX.

anyway, i had been playing with hostbill these few days, i have to say i really love hostbill after i spend some time to really try it out.
but anyway, i dun think i will switching to hostbill from whmcs, coz it will be hassle of doing the migration from whmcs to hostbill...

I have been using WHMCS over 3 months with mothly licences and is great, and 3 days ago ive paid and i have my very owned licences with powered by.

Sow, if you want a good billing script go with whmcs.

WHMCS..

I tried Hostbill and it was OK on the client side the admin side seemed a little cluttered and disorganized. Not to mention the flow to do task on the admin side was a little awkward.

WHMCS..

I tried Hostbill and it was OK on the client side the admin side seemed a little cluttered and disorganized. Not to mention the flow to do task on the admin side was a little awkward.

HostBill's admin side is fine. It could be a little bit more organised when it comes to managing client accounts but other then that I have no complaints.

I never tried HostBill. I have WHMCS and it's easy to use. The compatibility with The Hosting Tool is also a plus.

You can read here http://wiki.thehostingtool.com/index.php?title=Installation_Guide
Go to http://ourdomain.com/tht/admin/ and log into the Admin CP in TheHostingTool. In the Sidebar Menu is an entry for Servers. Enter the Server configuration area and click on "Add Server." Name your server (we will name ours Node 1) and use localhost for your server. Change this if it needs to be changed, but it doesn't have to be changed most of the time. For the username, use your reseller username. If you use DirectAdmin, set the type accordingly. If you use cPanel/WHM, change the type to cPanel/WHM.

Method B: WHM

For Access Hash, enter the hash you got from WHM. If you do not have an Access Hash, log into WHM, enter Cluster/Remote Access and go to Setup Remote Access Key. Generate a new access hash, copy it to your clipboard, then paste it into THT.

Now I get it, sorry for confusion :lol: WHM/WHMCS is easy to confuse. In this case, I never used WHMCS. I'm using THT with WHM.

I don't see or met any confusion with WHMCS/WHM :) But I think HostBill is better than WHMCS because it look more professional than WHMCS :)

Personally, i think nothing can compete with WHMCS for a open script. It is far by the best webhosting order system for anything below $20

I prefer WHMcs over any other billing script. I love all the features it has to offer and how it looks. Its a good script that really good for web hosting companies.

WHMCS + LiveZilla = Total Win.

Seriously, HostBill's livesupport is nothing compared to LiveZilla, which is free, and WHMCS is really solid, not only it IS solid, it also feels well scripted

WHMCS + LiveZilla = Total Win.

Seriously, HostBill's livesupport is nothing compared to LiveZilla, which is free, and WHMCS is really solid, not only it IS solid, it also feels well scripted

HostBill's live support is completely cross platform for chat operators - something which livezilla can't natively do. Sure, it's nothing fancy but it does the job.

Also, why go livezilla? Plenty of paid solutions out there that are by far better then livezilla.

Back