• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS or HostBill?

See Below

• HostBill

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • WHMCS

Votes: 75 84.3%

• Total voters
WHMCS is much better than hostbill.
I have been using WHMCS fir years and never looked back once i started to use it :)

Based on my experience with WHMCS, they provide best quality software that function amazingly!

HostBill is a new software in this industry but look good.

to be honest, both WHMCS and HostBill is good.
of course, if you already using WHMCS, there is no reason for you to move to another hosting billing system, unless there is a huge exploit found.

therefore, these 2 billing system, is still consider best in their own way

WHMCS for the features and reliability;hostbill for looks and design;doesnt mean they lack them;but i would prefer whmcs any day;Hostbill looks promising though

WHMCS is worth the price, its the best billing system out there.

Hostbill does look good, but i wouldnt have the time to try it out :)

Id suggest hostbill, WHMCS is slow in adding requested adons, hostbill is VERY quick at adding requests and coding them.
WHMCS support is much slower than hostbill, WHMCS is a monoply supplier, hostbill isnt.
Both are secure & user friendly.
Hostbill is smaller so is less likley to be attacked by hackers.

Do the math, WHMCS or Hostbill? id go with hostbill.
Also if you wanted, you can get free hostbill licence on a vps.net VPS with ispmanager & a free SSL cert, your have a full billing server secured and backed up for 30$/month.

I find it funny that people can even have a opionion on hostbill when they havnt even tried it, handing out neg rep now (and positive to the people who actually reviewed BOTH)

Last edited:
My vote goes to WHMCS. I never had any problems with it, and it's very configurable and easy to integrate into your own website.

too bad that hostbill now no longer selling monthly license.
only "owned" and "owned unbranded" license available for purchase now...

by doing this, there will be less people willing to try them...
although their features are more than WHMCS

too bad that hostbill now no longer selling monthly license. only "owned" and "owned unbranded" license available for purchase now...

That weeds out a lot of the kiddies who can't seem to afford owned licenses. IMO, WHMCS needs to do the same thing.

too bad that hostbill now no longer selling monthly license.
only "owned" and "owned unbranded" license available for purchase now...

by doing this, there will be less people willing to try them...
although their features are more than WHMCS

I don't really see a problem with this. It's still cheaper then the WHMCS owned license.

hmm... somehow, i do agree with both of u regarding this...
but it is too bad for my clients who wanted to start their new hosting services.
:)

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I'd always recommend trying our fully functional 15 day free trial to ensure the software meets the particular needs of your individual business. I'd like to address a few of the points raised earlier in this thread:

We aim to release a major upgrade every quarter - spending a month or so beta testing to ensure stability - with updates in between as necessary. For example take a look at our recent releases:

• WHMCS V4.4 Released - 13th Dec 2010
  • WHMCS V4.4.2 + iPhone app V1.3.2 Released - 13th Jan 2011
  • Live Chat Addon V2 Released - 7th Feb 2011
  • EU Invoicing Addon (in addition to built in features) - 16th Feb 2011
  • Android App V1.2 Releaed - 23rd Feb 2011
With a release schedule like that I think it would be hard for anyone to say we don't make regular updates!

We aim to provide best-in-class support, I was reading new support tickets within 6 seconds earlier today! (Although don't take that as an average response time ;)). If you have any issues with our support feel free to PM me on our community forums.

For me, WHMCS is unbeatable (so far)

I've used both Hostbill and WHMCS, but hostbill just doesn't cut it. WHMCS is simple, affordable and effective.

Back