• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

WHMCS NoFollowing Backlink (Branded)

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
The branded version of WHMCS is a followable link that they force on your WHMCS installation, due to what I have just seen happen with Directory Critic I would like to know if we are allowed to make the link nofollow? Without paying the extra $80 to have the link removed. The branded link is encoded and looks like I cannot remove it.

Any suggestions?

Even if it wasn't encoded, it would be a violation of their Terms of Service to remove it. So is changing the link to nofollow for that matter. Is WHMCS going to know if you change it? Probably not. But it is a violation of the EULA.

The branded version of WHMCS is a followable link that they force on your WHMCS installation, due to what I have just seen happen with Directory Critic I would like to know if we are allowed to make the link nofollow? Without paying the extra $80 to have the link removed. The branded link is encoded and looks like I cannot remove it.

Any suggestions?
What happened to Directory Critic? I checked your link a few times but keep getting "The maximum server load limit has been reached. Please check back later once the server is less busy." :(

Edit:
It worked after refreshing a few more times. I think this might affect WHMCS more than it would affect those of us using WHMCS? They might want to set it to nofollow on a future update.

Last edited:
By removing their backlink, it would be breaking of TOS and violation as wswd said and I think they may know and that will lead to permanent suspension so don't do that.

Back