• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which version do you prefer?

Originally posted by Jan

Sorry, I will not change my browser preference to view ANY site, why should I HAVE too?

At least a few sites I have reviewed are prepared to fix it for all browsers.

THEY are the winners, they care about visitor numbers.

I have said it before and I will say it again, if I find a great site, I pass it on to all my ICQ friends, and all on my email list. If I see an unviewable site, I leave it and you have lost a potential 200 visitors from my recommendations, and maybe 1000's over a few weeks from my friends passing it on to their friends etc etc

I didn't say you had to change your browser, so calm down.

In response to your comments about visitors, I have been looking through my stat logs, and out of 152143 visitors in total, 84.61% view my site with an iframe compatible browser.

The reason I use iframes is because they save me a LOT of time. Making several updates, often every day, which include updating news articles, uploading and inserting new photos, and making new files available for download (although I'm still creating my NEW download section), e.t.c, I don't have the time to redesign without iframes anymore.

Using iframes, I only need to redesign one page (the main page), and then edit the colour codes in my CSS file, which means all I've had to do is make a few new pictures like a banner and a new form of navigation and choose new colours and edit the layout a bit and I've got a brand new design. This is the way I like doing it, and 84% of my visitors are happy with that.

And visitor numbers, I don't really care about. I don't maintain my fansite for visitors, I maintain it because I'm a Geri Halliwell fan and I want to support her. I don't care if 65 people visit in a day, or 6500. I've had everything from 20 visitors to over 1000 in a day. If I were running a different kind of site, or if I were getting paid for the visitors, maybe this would be different.

But hey, I am sorry you didn't like my site, maybe when I have more time on my hands I'll stop using iframes, but not just now.

:) Cool. The engines will like it too.
<ADD>
And NS4x will get the content too. It just won't look as fancy but they'll have to get used to that, I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Nah, I was referring to that they can read it...if they should pay a visit. :biggrin2:

So yout just tp lazy to type a few lines of extra code to make your site compatible with all browser? Gee.

IFRAME is very much a standard tag. NS4 doesn't support it because it's an old browser. Big deal. It just get the content presented differently.

Make the interface "compatible with all browser"? Do you really think all browsers support frames of any kind? Surprise - they don't.

I'm extremely pissed I can't see all pages exactly as indented in my IE2 and in my Mosaic. And I don't see no fu*ckin'
colors in Lynx! It's outrageous. Designers show no concern! :p

Originally posted by gyrbo
So yout just tp lazy to type a few lines of extra code to make your site compatible with all browser? Gee.

So you're just too lazy to run two browsers on your computer? I'm not going to design a site using frames if I don't want to, and that's my choice. More and more people are using iframes in design, because they're good.

It isn't about laziness, it's about what I choose to use, much like you choose to use a browser which doesn't support iframes.

Back