• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which is the best place to sell used books?

Theo

I need to sell several used books.
Which is the best place to do that? (easy, and I am going to get more money)

a bookstore?:rolleyes: or u can sell it to meow, its a perfect match for his hairy arse:D he said they are the right texture and thinkness:D ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Are there any second hand book stores where you live?

They don't really give you much (around here), but it works.

ok, I decided to put them at Amazon. They take 15% off as their profit when you sell it, but i think it will be easier to sell there.

Boy you're lazy. Take a box full and park yourself at the closest flea market. (No shipping, no taxes, no fees) :D

Originally posted by meow
Boy you're lazy. Take a box full and park yourself at the closest flea market. (No shipping, no taxes, no fees) :D

Yeah .. I am lazy :D , but on top of that i don't have a car here so i couldn't move all those books :cry2:

Now from Amazon I will get about 1/3 of the price i bought the books (after all charges) its not that bad ...

Who buys used books at that price? (Assuming they have no antiquarian value.) :confused:

Many people do. They go to Amazon to buy a book that costs lets say 60 dollars, and they see there on the same page something like "7 used, starting from $15". The $15 one might be in a bad condition, but they can get a used book in brand new condition for $25, so why pay 60?
Some of the books I sell there you wouldn't be able to tell that they are actualy used.

Of course some of us know better places to buy used books, but most people don't :D

$15 isn't 33% of $60. And on top of the price you get come Amazone's fee and shipping. :confused:

Try selling a few over ebay to see how that works. ebay only takes 5% of your profit. I have had lots of luck selling things that are useless to me.

Originally posted by meow
$15 isn't 33% of $60. And on top of the price you get come Amazone's fee and shipping. :confused:

I am talking from the sellers point of view ...
You set the price of the book. If the book is in bad condition then you sell it for 1/4th or 1/5th of the price. If the book is in a "like new" condition you can easily sell it for 1/3rd some people sell for even higher ...you set the price depending on the price of the new book and the price of the other used books sold there. If you want to sell it fast you set the price low, if you don't mind to wait you can set it higher.
When your book is sold to somebody at lets say $25, Amazon takes 15% of that for themselves, but they give you about $2.30 to cover the cost of shipping the item.
(so for a book sold for $25 amazon will give you $21.25 plus $2.30 to cover the shipping).

I see. I thouht you sold the books to Amazon and then they sold it and set the end price.
Amazing anyway. I've noticed their prices on used books are often quite high.
Well, good luck. ;)

Yeah, thats why I choose Amazon, used books sell for better prices there.
Ebay might be a good choice also since they just take 5%, but i though more people would search for books in amazor rather than ebay ..

When i buy used books I usually use Half.com since the market there seems to be more competitive which drives prices down. On top of that I use 5 or 10 dollars cupons with them.

Back