• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which CP Do you Prefer?

Which CP do you Prefer?

• Plesk

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Ensim

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • CPanel

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • H-Sphere

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
Umm... since when is Ensim WebAppliance or CPanel even in the same league as H-sphere ??

Plesk has only just added multiple server management in its "software" ... but it has nothing on H-sphere.

Out of the single server only control panel I would say CPanel is probably the best. I would consider H-Sphere more of a multiple server control panel rather than a single server only control panel :) (although you can use only one)

Out of the poll list above : H-sphere no contest.

Originally posted by Daniel
And why's that, Warp? :D

Because it has a lot of features, and is easy to use.

I have also used the Alabanza (sp?) control panel - which seems similar to CPanel... not bad either...

I have used Plesk and Ensim and I simply do not fancy them.. especially Plesk...

Who cares if Cpanel's coding is a child's programming?

It gets the job done. As long as the customer is provided with a control panel that can handle 90% of the reason why they would have to contact customer service, I'm for it.

Cpanel has a lot of great features and I would recommend it to everyone/anyone.

Yes, you can make the two look very similar, but H-Sphere has a lot of extras CPanel doesn't.

H-Sphere has integrated billing software, help-desk/support ticket system, etc. H-Sphere also goes much more in dept with the features and options they provide for both the host and the end user. The features in H-Sphere actually work too, unlike half the features in a certain control panel *cough*CPanel*cough*.

Originally posted by Bruce
Yes, you can make the two look very similar, but H-Sphere has a lot of extras CPanel doesn't.

H-Sphere has integrated billing software, help-desk/support ticket system, etc. H-Sphere also goes much more in dept with the features and options they provide for both the host and the end user. The features in H-Sphere actually work too, unlike half the features in a certain control panel *cough*CPanel*cough*.
lol I get your point :D

Originally posted by Robert
It gets the job done.

A bycycle would get me to work too and get the job done. Personally I prefer a more powerful vehicle with all the gadgets, such as a heater, wipers, and better speeds.

You can go with something that "gets the job done" or you can go with a real control panel. We used to have Cpanel. We found it to not only be buggy, but was also a huge security hole in itself. Then all those friggin license errors....sheesh. Yeah, it gets the job done....a half assed job..That's why it's cheap.

Originally posted by Webdude
Yeah, it gets the job done....a half assed job.

But isn't it the American way to do things half-assed? :D

Definately agreed. I have also heard from many people that it was buggy.

Originally posted by Bruce
There is a demo available at http://psfot.net, but the default skin is just plain ugly.

I personally like the skin I'm using:
http://thaportal.com/hsphere1.png

Half of it got cut off for some reason, but you can still get the gist of it.

I think you meant http://psoft.net

But I have ran servers with all but H-Sphere although i have used it. We currently run Ensim because it was included with our dedicated server. Have gotten used to it but it does lack some features. CPanel was feature loaded but not to pretty, and looked childish. To me plesk is very feature lacking but looks the best out of all of them out of the box. But all can be skinned/themed/or dressed up so visually its which ever has the best skin.

Originally posted by DeepList.com
But isn't it the American way to do things half-assed? :D

Definately agreed. I have also heard from many people that it was buggy.

Hello,

Well. Its not THAT buggy unless your using EDGE releases and not STABLE reases (currently 5 - stable 3). I've got used to WHM/Cpanel from doing some administration work on a server which uses it.... I have become fond of it ... but I really like H-sphere. Now Plesk, you have to be careful doing anything in SSH with that... ie: editing apache ... plesk seems to love me so much when I change something to do with apache... yes... verymuch :rolleyes: ... Ensim is ugly as standard but there are some nice themes.. Web://cp is suppost to be good also..

Anyhow, I agree with Webdude. I'd rather have me a Merc rather than a Dell Boy Car (3 wheeler) :biggrin2: (Merc being H-sphere and Dell Boy car being plesk) :p

Back