• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which CMS is nice to be used?

As topic, I had saw many, Joomla, Mambo, Dupal and so on...
Just wonder which one is nice to be used?

Well, I've always found both Joomla and Mambo to be very, very similar (in fact, *almost* identical in terms of features + look). Drupal is also nice, but it's not as user-friendly. If you are looking for a CMS that has a cool, user-friendly interface (and easy integration with forum software), both Mambo and Joomla would be good choices. If you are looking for a CMS that is flexible and extremely customizable, Drupal would be a good choice.

Chris

This highly depends on your defenition of "nice". I mean take Nuke-Evolution for example. Sure it is a nice CMS, but it's probably not suitable for many sites.

Anyhow, I reckon Jaws is a pretty good one, it was featured in Google's Summer of Code 2007.

I like to use Drupal. It took a little while to get used to, but once I found my stride I was loving it.

Btw, this is coming from a programmer's perspective.

There is no comparision to Drupal. See my signature. That is the type of sites you can build using drupal. Its just a matter of getting started in drupal. I agree it may take a little bit more, but once you choose cms like joomla or others which are not as easy to customize then you are stuck

On the other hand if you are good with PHP programming , then it does not matter much which one you choose. since you are going to build your own modules anyway. Joomla has good collection of themes if you are looking for out of box themes.

I run my site on E107. I've never had any problems with it and it comes with many of the same features as Joomla and Mambo, but it's more user-friendly.

i tried phpnuke and postnuke. they were both ok. but i got hacked by sql injection. i think phpnuke and postnuke are prone to hackers.

i think my next cms to test drive will be vbulletin...

which is what freewebpace.net uses

anyone have praise for vbulletin??????????

There are a lot of goods one, just find one you like and learn it well. Most of them are not any better than the others, just different.
I would avoid commercial applications though, getting one fixed if it is broken can be an expensive nightmare. Stick with Open Source.

I tried Mambo a while ago and found it difficult to use, customize, and setup.

I've heard good things about LifeRay but never looked into it.

Back