• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Where can I....

thx man ;)

Well, I just registered for 2 months actually, and normally hang around the free webspace and php/cgi forums....

There is a lot useful info about kg-domains in this forum. Use the internal search engine. Be patient after registration, it could work within a few days and it could take weeks. My last change of dns took more than 2 weeks till it worked. If you use mydomain contact them to activate the domain manually.

Originally posted by Albert
If you use mydomain contact them to activate the domain manually. [/B]
I've never had any problems with my kg domains @ mydomain. It depends, I guess. Like me, I can't seem to bulk add domains to mydomain. Anybody else having the same problem?

Woohoo! GOt it done and up now... thanx for that suggestion Albert... I e-mailed them and it was activated within the day. ;)

Yeah, their support works fast. But don't forget to check if the domain works, expecially after *any* modification of *any* domain of your account.

It worked for me for weeks without any problems and then I had problems every few days. Nobody had an idea why, but as far as I remember there always were modification with my account, like a new domain or subdomain.

In the meantime I do a simple check with my domains. I created a page with a frame for every domain and test it once a day. I found no reliable "downtime"-service till now.

Since the TLD kg is very new, maybe? Standard queries with whois don't work or are locked. http://domainwhitepages.com/ or other services don't show a lot of info for kg-domains.

Here is a little bit more, if you are interested:

~ > nslookup -q=soa kg. ns.kg.
Server: asiainfo.kg
Address: 195.38.160.36

kg
origin = ns.kg
mail addr = adm.infotel.kg
serial = 3988343924
refresh = 86400 (1D)
retry = 7200 (2H)
expire = 604800 (1W)
minimum ttl = 86400 (1D)
kg nameserver = ns.kg
kg nameserver = ns.ripe.net
kg nameserver = ns.nursat.net
kg nameserver = ns1.dirac.net
kg nameserver = ns1.planck.co.uk
kg nameserver = as.asiainfo.kg
as.asiainfo.kg internet address = 195.38.160.38
ns.kg internet address = 195.38.160.36
ns1.dirac.net internet address = 151.196.211.200

In fact, a .com.kg domain is just a subdomain. That's why it's free. Just do a whois(allwhois, NOT the domain.kg) for com.kg. And then for nanowd.com.kg . See what I mean

yeah, altho its not a real domain, it at least looks much better than some of those long sub-domains and stuff offered by some web hosts.

Its much easier to remember than one consisting of _, ~ and other symbols which sometimes r in those links to your pages.

Originally posted by gyrbo
In fact, a .com.kg domain is just a subdomain. That's why it's free. Just do a whois(allwhois, NOT the domain.kg) for com.kg. And then for nanowd.com.kg . See what I mean

Don't tell me a .com.kg domain is free! is it really free?

One service like that, which I have been very happy with, is uni.cc, because theirs is set up like a regular domain. With DNS and everything. All they require is a link back.

Back