• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

When will my .com.ru's expire?

Originally posted by GRiN
Does anybody know where there is an expiry date for the .com.ru's or not?

They expire in a year (as all the other domains), than you will have to confirm your registration to prolong a domain for one more year.
But RU-NIC are changing their Rules now...

Re: Re: When will my .com.ru's expire?

Originally posted by vano
They expire in a year (as all the other domains), than you will have to confirm your registration to prolong a domain for one more year.
But RU-NIC are changing their Rules now...
Changing the rules to...?

Re: Re: Re: When will my .com.ru's expire?

Changing the rules to...?

Remember domain.kg? (.com.kg, .net.kg, etc. free domains)
They became paid not so long ago. I am not sure, but looks like the same trends at RIPN...

Nothing certain yet, but I dont rely too much on my .com.ru-s :)

Last edited:
You're kidding... :eek:
Why would they start charging? I have 2 working domains with them... :mad:

I didnt say they will, I said they maybe will :)

About .com.kg domains... Whan they were free some crazy persons registered ALL 3 and I think 4 letter ones. Their service became very slow, it was ABUSED, so they desided to become paid.

The same thing is going to be with .com.ru domains
They will be abused by freewebspace members ( :(
(just joking, of couse not only freewebspace members)

And the main rule, I think is:
"Want to keep free domains?- Dont tell anybody about them!" ;)

The thing is .com.ru's aren't so easy to get. Most of the people can't get through the account registration process. :p

The thing is .com.ru's aren't so easy to get. Most of the people can't get through the account registration process. :p

Yes, thats right. But still too many applications novadays. Do you know they process apps manually?

BTW, from their TOS:
"Foreign organizations can register domains in .RU, .COM.RU, .NET.RU, .ORG.RU and .PP.RU zones, acting both as administrators and payers. Such organizations can fail to have their offices in Russia and can use services of non-Russian providers."

FOREGN ORGANISATIONS, not individuals. And illegal registration is always illegal. You can lose it anytime...

It will be the terrible day when they decide to clean up their database ;) And they will.

Do you happen to be one of the guys from RIPN? :D
Seriously, it will be a very big database they'll have to clear out. ;)

Do you happen to be one of the guys from RIPN? :D
Seriously, it will be a very big database they'll have to clear out. ;)

No I am not, I am a guy from Biz.ly :D
I just wish people to be more reasonable. (Its difficult to find few fraud regs among many legal ones, but its easy to find many fraud among few legal)
I had to pay for my .com.kg domains and I dont want to pay for .com.ru's either :(

Every 12 months on the anniversary of the delegation of the domain the RIPN does a dns check to see if the domain is active on nameservers. If the domain passes the check it is re-registered to the applicant automatically. If the domain fails the applicant has 21 days to activate the domain on suitable nameservers. After 21 days the domain is deleted if non-compliance is detected.

Originally posted by Dominan
Every 12 months on the anniversary of the delegation of the domain the RIPN does a dns check to see if the domain is active on nameservers. If the domain passes the check it is re-registered to the applicant automatically. If the domain fails the applicant has 21 days to activate the domain on suitable nameservers. After 21 days the domain is deleted if non-compliance is detected.

yes, and if the domain is not active (dns info is not correct) you will get 100's of error messages from RIPN during that 21 days (one per each 3 hours, I think) :D

Originally posted by vano

yes, and if the domain is not active (dns info is not correct) you will get 100's of error messages from RIPN during that 21 days (one per each 3 hours, I think) :D

This statement is incorrect.

You only recieve repeated "error" messages when changing nameservers and then when the domain's SOA does not appear on the proposed servers.

With the process of automatic renewal there is one check done. If this check does not comply with the information given, an email is sent making the applicant aware that they have 21 days to correct the fault and to resubmit the domain with corrections, otherwise the domain is deleted after the alloted period.

Originally posted by Dominan

This statement is incorrect.

You only recieve repeated "error" messages when changing nameservers and then when the domain's SOA does not appear on the proposed servers.

With the process of automatic renewal there is one check done. If this check does not comply with the information given, an email is sent making the applicant aware that they have 21 days to correct the fault and to resubmit the domain with corrections, otherwise the domain is deleted after the alloted period.

First, it was not a statement, it was :D :D :D

Second. Did you find it out from their rules, or maybe you actually tried it?

Back