• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

When starting a new thread, indicate which programming language in title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peo

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
To make it clearer what type of programming language you are having problems with or wish to know more about, please mention it in the subject of your thread.

For instance:

"PHP - Need help installing guestbook"

If you don't know which programming language to use, or it's a general question not related to a specific language, write for instance:

"OTHER - Need help installing guestbook"

Thanks to Phyxisus for this idea. As usual, please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about this.

Yeah, this would really help!

Whenever I do my threads, I prefix it with the language in square braces, like
PHP:
 My subject

Anywho, this id a good idea :)

Uhm, how do I start a new thread??? Could you manually switch this to it's own thread??? I'm trying to install a php/javascript/html program on my website. I can't figure out how to make the files appear on the internet. The system says it's cpanel. I have no experience with this setup. How do I get the index.php show up on my public website? The file names are url_form.xxx, javascript.js, style.css, index.php and, phproxy.class.php. What folder do I put them in? The system already has an index.php which I suppose handles my website interface. Can I have two index.php files without overwritting the original??? Do I put the second index.php in another folder??? Does my website need the original index.php to function under Cpanel 9(?)?The website/cpanel has a public_html folder. Do I move my various files into this one?
I couldn't get the Wyse Winterm to be recognized by my website's cpanel file manager. Fortunately, I have access to a real computer. Does anyone know how to setup files to run under cpanel???

gary7 said:
Uhm, how do I start a new thread??? Could you manually switch this to it's own thread??? I'm trying to install a php/javascript/html program on my website. I can't figure out how to make the files appear on the internet. The system says it's cpanel. I have no experience with this setup. How do I get the index.php show up on my public website? The file names are url_form.xxx, javascript.js, style.css, index.php and, phproxy.class.php. What folder do I put them in? The system already has an index.php which I suppose handles my website interface. Can I have two index.php files without overwritting the original??? Do I put the second index.php in another folder??? Does my website need the original index.php to function under Cpanel 9(?)?The website/cpanel has a public_html folder. Do I move my various files into this one?
I couldn't get the Wyse Winterm to be recognized by my website's cpanel file manager. Fortunately, I have access to a real computer. Does anyone know how to setup files to run under cpanel???
http://freewebspace.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Click on the New Thread Button right above the text: "Threads in Forum: Programming Help"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back