• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whats your favorite HTML editor?

Re: NoteTab Light

Originally posted by NC_TOM
Seriously, Notepad SUCKS. There is nothing 'cool' about saying you like it, that thing is weak. You are a pussy if you like that.. I have written web pages before that were too big for Notepad. OK, so my coding skills are pretty bad, but Notepad can't handle real files period.

So Tom, I'm a 'pussy' because I use Notepad? Notepad is the best program ever created. Well, maybe not, but you get the picture.

How does Notepad suck besides for not handling *large* file sizes? I'm just curious because you say it really sucks, so explain more on how it sucks.

Can you show me a web page that is too big to fit in Notepad? I've never seen one (except for some Perl scripts). And if you do code a page that can't fit in Notepad, then you need to go to the library and check out a HTML book and re-learn how to program :D

Aside from very large files (which are really not necessary when making a site) Notepad can do what any other editor can do - it allows you to make a web page. If you don't need all that fancy colored text and everything else that comes in normal editors, Notepad is just fine and dandy.

Like I saw somewhere before, "Real men use Notepad!"

Re: EditPad

Originally posted by Nick
Originally posted by stu
Editplus is much better than notepad..
http://www.softseek.com

Nope you're wrong. EditPad is the BEST notepad replacement. You can tab all your text files, ton of options, html code snipets (for newbies who need 'em), you can customize it, and it's free.

http://www.JGSoft.com/

for me, i don't think so. i've used EditPad for the past 2 years, it's a great program. but i stumbled across Editplus just two months ago. way better, especially since it has syntax highlighting for java, c, c++, html files. etc. also, you can highlight sections of code and tab them over all at the same time, excellent for programmers.

it's basically the same thing is editpad, but i find it has more features and is still easy to use. been using it ever since..

I have EditPlus from JGSoft, too. However, I HATE diffferent colored codes and shit. It just agrivates the living hell out of me, so I stick to EditPad. I like how it stays in the tray, that's one [of many] cool things about EditPad.

Re: Re: NoteTab Light

So Tom, I'm a 'pussy' because I use Notepad? Notepad is the best program ever created. Well, maybe not, but you get the picture.

How does Notepad suck besides for not handling *large* file sizes? I'm just curious because you say it really sucks, so explain more on how it sucks.

Can you show me a web page that is too big to fit in Notepad? I've never seen one (except for some Perl scripts). And if you do code a page that can't fit in Notepad, then you need to go to the library and check out a HTML book and re-learn how to program :D

Aside from very large files (which are really not necessary when making a site) Notepad can do what any other editor can do - it allows you to make a web page. If you don't need all that fancy colored text and everything else that comes in normal editors, Notepad is just fine and dandy.

Like I saw somewhere before, "Real men use Notepad!" [/B]

You are pretty easily offended. lol I was just being a sarcastic asshole. I guess I was thinking of Perl scripts. I hate it when I'll be setting up a script and I run out of space. That's pathetic.

And I got that EditPad or EditPlus or whatever that is, and I don't like it at all compared to NoteTab Light. Sorry, maybe you should try NoteTab and tell me what Notepad or Editpad has which NoteTab lacks.

Originally posted by Nick
I have EditPlus from JGSoft, too. However, I HATE diffferent colored codes and shit. It just agrivates the living hell out of me, so I stick to EditPad. I like how it stays in the tray, that's one [of many] cool things about EditPad.

Editplus is not by JGSoft..

anyways, you can just tell it NOT to use the color coding... i guess editplus is more geared towards programming, rather than just a simple text editor.. it can be argued either way depending on the usage..

Re: Re: Re: NoteTab Light

Originally posted by NC_TOM

You are pretty easily offended. lol I was just being a sarcastic asshole.

sarcastic asshole/moderator.. what's the diff? ;)

I just have to use notepad for serious web sites.. I can't use any others. I do have Editpad and Dreamweaver, and I use Dreamweaver only when making sites like my personal homepage where I just want to focus on the content and has a simple design -- but when working on a site like agum.com I have to use notepad. Editpad just doesn't seem to cut it for some reasons, maybe because when you hold your mouse button and drag to the right side on a long line it won't move the screen (which it does on notepad), or maybe because if you use your mouse to drag from the very left to the very right of a line, you also include the "Return" at the end of your selection (which I don't like). Yes, these are all minor things, and these are the things that I make my decision on, since all the "major" things are similar with different text editors.

notepad really sucks for "search/replace" features, i find those features real handy..

There's no way anyone would want to use notepad for coding (not HTML). Line numbers are pretty necessary.....

emacs all the way :)

mjk@atlascgi.com

Dreamweaver 3, Visual InterDev, Visual X Page, and UltraPad. Each has its own niche, but Visual X Page is a WYSIWYG editor I coded myself so I frequently add options <b>I</b> need.

Gwargh, the best HTML editor is CuteHTML. I mostly just use it for spelling errors and the coloured tags. I used to use EditPad, but then it just sort of got on my nerves. Everything looked too plain :p

Here's my .02:

Adobe GoLive http://www.adobe.com/ for positioning/busy work, download a demo.
Arachnophilia http://www.arachnoid.com/ for detailed editing/search and replace. Download the full free version.

Notepad is weak Micro$oft crap and I only use it in place of PostIts. There are good simple editors out there that have what NotePad has plus what it doesn't have and needs for HTML editing, and don't take up too much resources.

notepad and UltraEdit...yep...i have macromedia dreamweaver UltraDev sitting on my desktop for no reason

Favorite editor

G'day All

The best HTML editors in my book are

Amaya - http://www.w3c.org/

This is writen by W3C the group who from web standards and will only out put HTML / XHTML standard code and can be used as either a text based or a WYSIWYG editor

NoteTab Pro - http://notetab.com/

Combine this with one of the HTML, CSS, XHTML, JAVA ect. clip boards and you have everything you need

Cheers

EditPlus is my favorite. My freeware favorite is.. uh.. EZpad 'cept that has some bugs in it.. and screws up my computer..

NotePad <- So the real reason why this is so special is 'cause real men use it huh? Alright then.. whatever you say. Kinda sounds corny don't ya think maybe? Duhh.. call me stupid and blow my brains out.. most of those special HTML editor programs have the same ability that NotePad has. Hm.. you want a white and black format? Ok.. then I'll just change the colorful pretty colors!

*Scorpz continues drinkin his fresh bottle of New Year's day champagne*

Back