• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Whatever happened to "three strikes and you are out" rule?

themoose

Sup, Recoil here.
NLC
Hi there admins/mods, nowadays everybody is getting banned from this site - i've heard like 3 cases of mates getting banned in the past 3 days - with no warning. Mainly for 2 posts in ads/offers - i remember a while back there was a post about toughening up, but this is way out of hand. Zero tolerence is rarely a good thing, both ways. and there is that 3 strikes and your out rule, that seems to be ignored.

Just thought i'd point something out.

P.S. Please dont ban me for this post :eek: :p

As long as we're using baseball terms here, we'll put it this way.

Congress is forcing FWS to take a tougher stance on people breaking the rules :p

yeah - but i think its too tough. And in theory Peo & some of the mods should be banned as they broke their own rules :p

There is a sticky about this stance. They get a week off to show them how long a week is. It is seven days, not one, two or three. One of your "mates" had three offers in three days.

One week ban is for posting 2 or more ads/offers in a week. It takes 3 strikes to get a lifetime ban though.

That one week ban thing really works. I had no idea how long a week was. Not doing that again.

i have gotten 2 strikes since joining fws, do those strikes ever expire or does the next one boot me?

When I think back I've maid about 75 posts but now I only have 50 of them in the status, rest got deleted, and I never got anyone telling me im breaking a rule here. not a single email or PM.

If a thread you have posted in gets removed, the number you have posted gets reduced even if you haven't done anything wrong.

Maybe thats why people leave this community, its getting boring here and i got my main account ban and it will be unban 29th nov 2006:confused4, i like this forum so i re-joined. If you pm people and tell them what they done wrong they will understand baning them will mak them hate this forum and that why not alot of people are posting.

Please unban account: " Cyberkit"

Kind of a no brainer. You were initially banned for a week, you kept signing up in new names to defeat that. Now the damage is really done.

Tut tut tut tut, I mean getting banned then signing up for another account & then admitting it lol.

Back