• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Windows Versions have you used?

Well... I've been using Windows till I was a kid...
So here goes:
  1. Win 95
  2. Win 98
  3. Win Me
  4. Win XP
  5. Win Vista
  6. Win 7 Ultimate (You don't have to say, its the best one and the interface is completely different :D)

I'll start on with:

Windows 95
Windows 98 (use 2 year)
Windows 2000 (use only 1 week i hate it)
Windows ME
Windows XP ( i love to use xp )
Windows Vista

Windows 2000 was extremely stable and was in use on many many servers about a decade ago. Corporate environments were still running windows 2000 well after the release of XP.

i prefer window 7 while i love the resolution and it stable enough compare to vista. Beside that it use low ram to run the OS compare to vista taking huge ram but still run slow .

I'm still on Windows XP and it works very well for me. We're just about to get into Windows 7 at work but I'm hesitating as typically they want to install new operating and application software (Office 2010) before upgrading the hardware first. I think I will stick with XP as long as I can. I've checked out the new features of both software as they are great, but I don't really need them. Why fiddle with something that works great already? For now anyways ....
:)

On my computers I've had:

Windows 3.11 (+Dos 6.22 obviously)
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows 2000
Windows XP

I've used Vista, but never had it on a computer...
Hmm... I don't think I've ever used Windows 7.
But that doesn't have to be a negative thing...

I believe Windows 8 promises some brand-new features that may be especially great for iphones and tablets. This is what the new screen for Windows 8 will look like:

windows888.jpg

Source: MaximumPC

I'm still using Windows XP as I have not had a good reason to change yet, i.e. such as puchasing a new computer. But looks as though I may be moving to Windows 8 by the time I am ready for it. Unless I hear really negative reports about it.
:)

Lol, this is windows 8 ?? It looks like a blog with thumbnails to me. There is absolutely No Reason to change your windows version just because they added some colors and cute pictures ... just to sell a expensive copy of newer Windows, that even require a newer Computer.
money, money, money...such a waste of money.

window versions

I've tried windows 2000, XP, vista and 7. so far i am satisfied with all the features that windows offer.:fangel:

Lol, this is windows 8 ?? It looks like a blog with thumbnails to me. There is absolutely No Reason to change your windows version just because they added some colors and cute pictures ... just to sell a expensive copy of newer Windows, that even require a newer Computer.
money, money, money...such a waste of money.

You only say that because you're still running XP.

Back