• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What type of best RAM for a PC?

What type of best RAM for a PC?
It will depend on your motherboard - you will need to look up your motherboard on the manufacturers web site to locate the RAM that is supported.

Keep in mind, each motherboard can only support certain size ram modules and will have a max supported amount of ram.

Oh, in your case you should take PC133!
How would you know that?

It depends on your work and load..............................

Not even remotely true....only way you could even possibly argue that is true is if he needed/wanted to overclock the RAM for which you will need to make sure you buy higher-end RAM and RAM that supports overclocking...you can overclock any RAM, but there is RAM made for it.

Transcend DDR2 4GB is the best and enough RAM to PC....For quick response...

Actually, I would say DDR3 1333 Or HyperX if you're on a budget. If you can afford it though, go for DDR3 1600. But do not go any slower then DDR3 1333 otherwise you're wasting your CPU (assuming you have a intel core i5 or i7 or another good CPU)

I really should do some upgrading.

I've still got machines using 30 pin SIMMs.

Though most of my workhorses are DDR2 powered, new builds should be DDR3 or better in order to keep up with current generation CPUs.

I do miss RIMMs though. Back in the day I had a few systems using them. Really good performance... for a horrible price tag.

Of course, on modern motherboards the best choice is DDR3.This type of memory has the highest throughput and and operates at higher frequencies than the older types.

Back