• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Religion Are you?

What religion are you?

• Christian

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Budhist

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Muslim

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pagan

• Atheist (Not a 'religion' but whatever)

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Agnostic (as above)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Jewish

• Jedi

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hinduism

• Other

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
I declare myself the winner og this arguement. Either way... here is an interesting quote that makes quite a bit of sense.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts

Originally posted by bigperm
I declare myself the winner og this arguement. Either way... here is an interesting quote that makes quite a bit of sense.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." -- Stephen Roberts

That's actually a pretty cool quote.

I am curious to know what the Christians and any other God-believers here think of that. (And you can't say anything like "I just know, for no apparent reason, that my God is the right one).

I believe in laws. The Law of the M-16, the Law of the M1 Abrams Tank... or more precisely the Law of War etc. Not in any god.

I declare myself the winner og this arguement.

You hardly participated in this argument... I should be declared winner... but this argument will remain an issue forever.

Of course, and I hate to be the one to point this out... that quote is completley wrong. An atheist isn't a perons who doesn't beleive in some gods, an atheist in someone who doesn't believe in any god. A Monotheist, is someone who only beleives in one god, but that doesn't make him an atheist because he doesn't beleive in the other gods out there.

It still makes a point though.

I concur, I don't believe in any god so the quote is incorrect.

Polytheism is where a person believes in more than one god... and monotheism is where a person only believes in one. So the quote is incorrect. Atheists believe in no god.

Wow, you don't believe in any god! Whoopie doo... :yawn:

And bigperm already said the same thing.

I am no longer an Atheist.

I currently believe in one hundred and fifty nine different Gods; and I have proof of my beliefs, and reasonable reasons as to why my way is right and yours is wrong.

Please feel free to ask me about it; or; better yet... allow me to preach to you about why I'm right, and you're wrong.

I will pray to God #145 (The God of Listening to Prayers that try to convert heathens) that he will contact God #74 (The God of Divine Contact between Gods and Humans) and tell him to enter your life.

permes... why did you dissappear of aim before :(

Last edited:
Toefur, no offense or anything... but mockery gets you nowhere. First off, neither side can argue that each other is wrong... but they can argue their points.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Toefur, no offense or anything... but mockery gets you nowhere. First off, neither side can argue that each other is wrong... but they can argue their points.

Are you calling my beliefs a mockery; just because they aren't as widely believed as others? :confused:

Originally posted by Toefur

Are you calling my beliefs a mockery; just because they aren't as widely believed as others? :confused:

You misunderstood. Read my sentence again. I said you mocking others is not going to get you anywhere.

You misunderstood. Read my sentence again. I said you mocking others is not going to get you anywhere.

No, no... I understood it. (Just being a pain!)

As in: if they are actually my beliefs; and you say that stating them is mocking others, then it would seem to imply that my beliefs themselves are somehow some form of mockery. ;)

Originally posted by Toefur

No, no... I understood it. (Just being a pain!)

As in: if they are actually my beliefs; and you say that stating them is mocking others, then it would seem to imply that my beliefs themselves are somehow some form of mockery. ;)

You did not.

No I did not, you are wrong and utterly incorrect. I did not state that. It is your language that is mocking others.

You did not.

No I did not, you are wrong and utterly incorrect. I did not state that. It is your language that is mocking others.

Nay, I swear it on some random strangers life, I understood! :p

But whatever... I'm goin' to bed!

I gotta get up early tomorrow mornin' so I can vote!

Night!

Originally posted by bigperm
Of course, and I hate to be the one to point this out... that quote is completley wrong. An atheist isn't a perons who doesn't beleive in some gods, an atheist in someone who doesn't believe in any god. A Monotheist, is someone who only beleives in one god, but that doesn't make him an atheist because he doesn't beleive in the other gods out there.

It still makes a point though.

I agree with what you say here, but the quote is not wrong.
I think what he is trying to say is more like this: If you believe in one god (you are monotheist), and I tell you that I believe in one god less than you, what am i saying? (1-1=0)
Then I tell you that what makes me atheist and I reject all gods, is the same logic that make you reject every other god except from the one you believe in. And the only thing that holds you from rejecting this one also, its not because is more logical or valid than the rest, but is that you are brainwashed to accept it, without thinking about it logically.

I am not saying that I agree 100% with that ... but I think this is what he is trying to say.

ich bin nicht ein believer im Gott
jedoch... nehme ich an, daß ich bin ein christliches

:confused2

Back