• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Religion Are you?

What religion are you?

• Christian

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Budhist

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Muslim

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pagan

• Atheist (Not a 'religion' but whatever)

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Agnostic (as above)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Jewish

• Jedi

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hinduism

• Other

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Toefur

If Giancarlo was to run for President, I'd actually vote for him if it meant somehow religion would somehow be abolished; regardless of the fact I would no doubt disagree with all of President Giancarlo's other policies. :D

I speak for the Great Silent Majority.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
you know what is happening in this world... the great silent majority is standing up for itself now... that means the elimination of religion.

Oh man, this guy is hilarious. You make it seem like the world is a silent whispering world of Athiests, all secretly oppressed, longing for the elimination of religion. You are indeed delusional. You think YOU know what goes on in the world? How? Your AP Economics class? Most of the world believes in a God, that is truly something nobody can deny.

oh my god! this thread has so many replies! one of the biggest thread, if not, the biggest in the fws.net community...

I am not a faggot because it is against the laws of evolution.

The great silent majority does not raise their voices and actually works for a living. The great silent majority tries to excell in the world thinking about themselves and the people around them. The great silent majority doesn't give a rat --- about god.

I am not a faggot because it is against the laws of evolution.

The great silent majority does not raise their voices and actually works for a living. The great silent majority tries to excell in the world thinking about themselves and the people around them. The great silent majority doesn't give a rat --- about god.

See there, evolution and the Bible have something in common...
Where are you from Gian? I am from the toughest state in the country where we all carry guns and have a full right to self defense, and we still kill murders in the death chamber. We work hard, but we still fear God....regardless if we speak up about it or not. Just because we dont speak about it in public doesnt mean we are athiests.

I would also like to know how you think you know how many people are in the silent majority. If they are silent then you wouldnt know about them or their feelings. And I KNOW you havent personally met and talked with them all. Your "great silent majority" theory has more holes in it than you think my religion does.. God is silent, so is the majority (according to you)....so maybe like God, they dont exist? In otherwords, you speak for nobody but yourself..

I agree that theists are by far the majority. They have always been and they will always be.

People around the world usually follow their traditions. If you are born in a Muslim country by Muslim parents then you will most probably be a Muslim too. The same goes for every religion. The same goes usually for political views and many other things.
Its not easy to break out from such an environment that "brainwashed" you since the day you were born about what is right and what is wrong. Its not easy to put all those things that you were taught for years aside, and start thinking logically to see if those things are actually true.
Personally I am proud to belong in a small minority in this case. I never considered myself as one of the crowd.

Alright I have enough of this shit... even if atheism/agnosticism makes up 10-15% of the population statistically speaking, do we have to get our rights imposed by those who live in the past? I do not want my rights looted by those impudent snobs who think their beliefs are better than mine. They should get shot for that. Because Secular America provides a place for all people to live in freedom, it is not a place where little groups of men can go around brainwashing people who have a different opinion. That is not what America is. The inquistion even in my own country is long over, and the country has turned towards accepting everybody, whether they be atheist, jewish, muslim, etc. What makes it so necessary for you religious tipes to go after my beliefs? Go believe on your own and care less about what other people think. I have convictions in my own beliefs of nihilism and existentalism (very strong movements from 1800s)... is that a problem?

I have no problem with your beliefs, and I do not try to convert anyone. I just enjoy the argument as I think you also do :D

There are past forums where I have argued on the side of atheism. It just depends on who's in the arguement and which side I feel like being on. Truth be told, I do believe in an ultimate God, but I don't believe in religion....they are more of a lifestyle than anything else. I even think atheism is it's own religion in a way. However, my views of religion are the same as that of homosexuality, to each his own as long as you dont believe your lifestyle is so better than mine that you try to force me to convert....although I am more than happy to argue over viewpoints...

I am always just as happy to end a heated debate by simply agreeing that we disagree. That way it ends on a pleasent note. I was rather enjoying going for the record of longest thread ever at FWS though..LOL

So stu, I am a ----ing faggot now? What next a Stalinist? Go take your idioicy out of here.

did i call you one? no...

relax Giancarlo.. just be happy... don't get your undies wedged up your as.s.. just breathe and relax.. :biggrin2:

I support Athiests and believe that their belief is as valid as mine! To each his own! I'm merely stating that Athiests are not in the majority of this world, and everyone knows that.

Another friendly reminder to keep things civil. If this discussion is to go on it needs to become more professional.

I don't enjoy censoring conversation but when it's filled with personal attacks I have little choice. If you’re going to attack one another that much, maybe you could use a little religion to learn to love thy neighbor, turn the other cheek, and what not. ;)

Originally posted by Webdude
I have no problem with your beliefs, and I do not try to convert anyone. I just enjoy the argument as I think you also do :D

I will try to prevent that aswell... trying not to convert anybody to my beliefs... they should think on their own.

Truth be told, I do believe in an ultimate God, but I don't believe in religion....they are more of a lifestyle than anything else.

Yeah I understand your apathy for organized religion. All it is corruption. Collection baskets? Come on... that probably goes to the church and their new BMWs. We are similar because we both despise organized religion. For me, I don't believe in god because it makes more sense to me not to... we really can't argue who is right or who is wrong.

I even think atheism is it's own religion in a way. However, my views of religion are the same as that of homosexuality, to each his own as long as you dont believe your lifestyle is so better than mine that you try to force me to convert....although I am more than happy to argue over viewpoints...

I should lighten up my view on homosexuality a bit.

Stu:
I don't appreciate smart talk and insults.

Todd:
My morals are self-defined. I look down at murder and respecting your neighbor, because in my view you only have one life. I will respect people here and lighten my views a bit.

Syd:
My beliefs might be a minority... but such as hispanics in the US, we are a sizable minority and a growing minority. 10-15% is the probable estimates.

Does anybody have to say anything about Argentina? Less than 20% Practice Religion, and less than 40% believe in god... according to most polls taken.

Originally posted by syd
I support Athiests and believe that their belief is as valid as mine!

Unfortunately we can't all be valid at the same time. Respecting ones beliefs is one thing, saying that two contradictory beliefs can be valid at the same time is a logical impossibility.

Anyways, everybody has his\her own beliefs, and as I said before its hard to change them after some age (although not imposible). And no, atheism is not a religion, atheism is being free from religion. As the modern Greek philosopher Kazantzakis said: "I believe in nothing, I fear nothing, I am free"

Originally posted by Theo

Anyways, everybody has his\her own beliefs, and as I said before its hard to change them after some age (although not imposible). And no, atheism is not a religion, atheism is being free from religion. As the modern Greek philosopher Kazantzakis said: "I believe in nothing, I fear nothing, I am free"

I guess the age is 15 for me.... that is when I strengthened my atheist views. I also find it great to be free from religion and not believing in god.

Does anybody have to say anything about Argentina?

I was talking to my 2 Brazilian friends today about why they don't like Argentina... you probably don't want to know what they have to say :D ;)

Originally posted by syd

I was talking to my 2 Brazilian friends today about why they don't like Argentina... you probably don't want to know what they have to say :D ;)

Brazilians and Argentines don't get along for some reason.... I notice that in my school. Maybe it is because Argentina has one of the "best" soccer teams in the continent... I don't know, because I don't like soccer.

Anyways back to the topic.

the gay thing was the funniest comment yet in this thread.

Come on people have been debating which religion is the best and still no clear winner.

peace.

Back