• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Religion Are you?

What religion are you?

• Christian

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Budhist

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Muslim

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pagan

• Atheist (Not a 'religion' but whatever)

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Agnostic (as above)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Jewish

• Jedi

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Hinduism

• Other

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Ok, so what's makes a god? Everyone is denying the possibility of the existence of a god.

As for faster than the speed of light, that's a limit placed on ourselves by our own minds simply because we havent figured it out. Since our greatest minds cant figure it out, then hence it can't be done, right?

As far as our planet, there again is the concieted reference to something being special either about us or our planet. If there are billions of lifeforms out there, though I admit I cant fathom that many) and none have found this planet or any use for it.....then we must either be way out of the way....or simply that boring with nothing special to our planet.

There's a lot of things that could be said. Perhaps there was a universal war, and they giants wiped each other out. Perhaps the universe is much older than we think and we are a new race in a universe that's dying. Maybe it is younger than we think and we are one of the first, with just a few others further along than us. Perhaps there is a powerful race protecting us from the others. Then again, maybe they are all peaceful and mind their own business...who knows? It would be nice to find out. Maybe we can reach the "Star Trek" age before blowing ourselves and our planet up..ya think?

And Gian....I admit that people who "truly" practice and follow their religions as meant are few and far between. However, the United States has a Christian image to other countries. That is slowly changing, but it's still the image people get. It doesnt matter what's really practiced, if at all...it's the image of it. I mean, I dont do what the Bible tells me to do....I cuss, I drink, I sleep around (WAIT! I'm married, I USED to sleep around..LOL).

Originally posted by Webdude
Ok, so what's makes a god? Everyone is denying the possibility of the existence of a god.

Because people think differently.

As for faster than the speed of light, that's a limit placed on ourselves by our own minds simply because we havent figured it out. Since our greatest minds cant figure it out, then hence it can't be done, right?

True.

And Gian....I admit that people who "truly" practice and follow their religions as meant are few and far between.

Yes.

However, the United States has a Christian image to other countries.

I think that image is slowly and gradually deterioiating, like it has been in Argentina. Once a Catholic nation is now nihilist and existentialist.

Hoth, my parents have told me that the United States has been getting far less religious then in previous decades, and where I used to live in San Diego there were hardly any churches around. If the US has been getting more religious then why does the School system teach evolution and why have religious classes been removed from public schools? I must admit that Christians try to violate others rights by bringing symbols and other propaganda into the schools and get into lawsuits on it. That I admit, but has this generation of youths become more religious than the last? Absolutely not.

Theo - You misunderstood my post. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. They hit us first. They bloodied us, and we attacked back. After the war was over, we spent $billions$ and helped them rebuild. In that particular case, it worked out good for us. They are one of our best allies now. But Middle Eastern countries are not gratefull for anything...they will hate us no matter what. In that case, I dont believe the Biblical way of doing things. They will suck up everything we give them, and still hate us. Helping them changes nothing except feed future terrorists who's kids will be around to terrorize our kids..

As you said, Japan (their offcial army) hit you first, and they declare war on you. But this is not the case in Afghanistan, right?
So i didn't misunderstand you and the example i gave above is still good.
And why those people in middle east hate you ? Have you ever thought about that? You think that just out of the blue they decided to hate the US? Your foreign policy is unfair against many nations and not as moral and "Christian" as you think it is.

People just use religion in order to control the masses. In some arab countries they tell them that they should fight a "holly war" and here they tell you that your country is always doing the good against the evil because "God blessed America".

Ok, so what's makes a god?

There are 8 definitions:
http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=god

I'll concede 4, 5 and 6. Somehow I doubt those fit what you mean, though. The others involve the word "supernatural", which at least if taken literally defines itself as impossible.

As far as ideas of why no one would stumble onto Earth... the size of the universe is vast enough that if billions of species could go anywhere, they'd have been everywhere. If intelligence could make it possible to go anywhere then it would seem likely that there would have to be a huge number of species that would have managed that. Life tends to go anywhere it can, given enough quantity and enough time, so when it fails to be somewhere I simply guess that it may be impossible for it to have had time, since that seems the most likely to me.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
School system teach evolution and why have religious classes been removed from public schools? I must admit that Christians try to violate others rights by bringing symbols and other propaganda into the schools and get into lawsuits on it. That I admit, but has this generation of youths become more religious than the last? Absolutely not.

Well, I don't remember back when there were religious classes in public schools or evolution wasn't taught... I wasn't born yet. I know it's less religious than the 1950's, sure. Compared to the 80's and 90's, though, I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
Well, I will admit I dont know our policies over there. Personally I think we shouldnt even be there except in certain areas to protect our oil interests. For example, just a force there to prevent one country from attacking another that we get oil from. If we dont, we could end up with someone like Saddam having all oil rights there and us having to buy from him. We shouldnt be involved in anything other than that...

Originally posted by Hoth

Well, I don't remember back when there were religious classes in public schools or evolution wasn't taught... I wasn't born yet. I know it's less religious than the 1950's, sure. Compared to the 80's and 90's, though, I'm not so sure.

My dad says the US is less religious then the 70s or 80s...

Originally posted by Gayowulf
and christians who are so devout that they condemn halloween, harry potter and ouiji boards.

Hehe my neighbors are like that...really strange if you asked me. I am a Christian, but don't impose my beliefs upon others. You were talking about how religious fundamentalists are bad, well have you ever talked to a devout athiest? They're just as bad, so I don't know what you call them...passionate about that which doesnt exist...heh

Also, for those who argue there is no God because there is no evidence...If you see a watch on a park bench who do you think left it? Do you think the parts spontaneously came together in the form of a watch on a park bench or do you think someone left it and it was made by a watchmaker, you can see it has an inscription of a name, but you have never seen the person so maybe he/she doesn't exist. All i'm saying is do you think the watch spontaneously came together in random pieces on that park bench or do you think someone made it?

Originally posted by jw

Hehe my neighbors are like that...really strange if you asked me. I am a Christian, but don't impose my beliefs upon others. You were talking about how religious fundamentalists are bad, well have you ever talked to a devout athiest? They're just as bad, so I don't know what you call them...passionate about that which doesnt exist...heh

Also, for those who argue there is no God because there is no evidence...If you see a watch on a park bench who do you think left it? Do you think the parts spontaneously came together in the form of a watch on a park bench or do you think someone left it and it was made by a watchmaker, you can see it has an inscription of a name, but you have never seen the person so maybe he/she doesn't exist. All i'm saying is do you think the watch spontaneously came together in random pieces on that park bench or do you think someone made it?

ok .. so somebody made it. What if i tell you that a big blue banana with extraordinary abilities made it. Will you believe me?

What is your deal with big blue monkeys and big blue bananas? LOL

The point is that if you can't explain something .. stop there. You don't have to explain it. You don't need to believe in some imaginary creatures gods and magic so you will feel that you know how to explain everything.
You don't know how the universe was created? Neither I. Lets keep it simple and not pretend that we know everything.
The truth is that non of as knows for sure. And thats what atheism, or agnostic is all about. Saying the truth, which is "We don't know".

"I think we should just do away with religion and give the people real reason to live."

Get rid of religion, Gian? That sounds like a touch of Communism to me! Surely you are joking... face it, most of this world believes in a God, most Americans believe in *a* God and you will never achieve a worthy career in politics if you believe in voiding the spiritual opinion of the majority and enforcing your minority "no God" policies.

Religion doesn't cause wars. People cause wars. If someone had a kitchen knife and stabbed someone, did that knife kill them? No... the person killed them. If someone kills someone because they want that holy land, God didn't kill them, that guy killed them. Religion is merely a scapegoat for someone who's just an as shole!

Last edited:
Originally posted by syd
Get rid of religion, Gian? That sounds like a touch of Communism to me!

My philosophy has nothing to do with communism, infact what I don't like to acknowledge is that the Nazis used it.

Surely you are joking... face it, most of this world beliewes in a God,

Tell Britain or Argentina that.

most Americans believe in *a* God and you will never achieve a worthy career in politics if you believe in voiding the spiritual opinion of the majority and enforcing your minority "no God" policies.

Minority policies? My policies will no longer be a minority within a few years. Infact at this time it is a very, very large minority.

Religion doesn't cause wars. People cause wars. If someone had a kitchen knife and stabbed someone, did that knife kill them?

Religion influences people.

Look, I am not going to argue with anybody anymore... because I have nothing else to say. I stood by my beliefs... either it will be politics or some other government job for me. I must also imply that none of you have a right to say if I am going to do well in the future or not, syd. And accusing me of being a communist is like classifing George w. Bush as a green. It is plain wrong.

Later.

Tell Britain or Argentina that.

Minority policies? My policies will no longer be a minority within a few years. Infact at this time it is a very, very large minority.

Tell your "no-religion" idea to America, Canada, India, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Spain... etc.

In a few years, most of the world will not believe that there should be religion, and you're in the majority right now? ARE YOU ON CRACK? Look around at the world ya nut! You actually believe you are in the majority? Just say no to drugs kids.

And accusing me of being a communist is like classifing George w. Bush as a green. It is plain wrong.

THats funny. I guess we are a little off. Perhaps accusing you of leaning toward fascism would be more fitting?

Originally posted by syd

In a few years, most of the world will not believe that there should be religion, and you're in the majority right now? ARE YOU ON CRACK? Look around at the world ya nut! You actually believe you are in the majority? Just say no to drugs kids.

you know what is happening in this world... the great silent majority is standing up for itself now... that means the elimination of religion.

Originally posted by Gayowulf

THats funny. I guess we are a little off. Perhaps accusing you of leaning toward fascism would be more fitting?

No Fascism is incorrect, extremism doesn't work.

If Giancarlo was to run for President, I'd actually vote for him if it meant somehow religion would somehow be abolished; regardless of the fact I would no doubt disagree with all of President Giancarlo's other policies. :D

Back