• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what ppl mean by "i cant afford one"

sparkypsyco

ok im sick of seeing ppl say "they r so cheap just go buy one its a lot easier" most of the time when someone asks for a domain name its because they r too young to buy one for themselves! its not because were cheap, its just we dont have a way of getting our money somewhere without gettin caught by our parents. maybe u guys need to think about the fact that were at least trying. that is where i am now, i have a uni.cc domain because im too young to get a .com like i want.

It's called a money order. Anyone can get one.

Walk into your local post office or any of the 48,000+ stores that offer Western Union money orders and get one.

Sheesh. Kids these days. :p

Last edited:
I don't get it, what's o hard about it? I had no problem getting domains when I was 14, it's called Paypal, use it.

sparkypsyco said:
its just we dont have a way of getting our money somewhere without gettin caught by our parents.
Perhaps if you were honest with your parents, they might just help you.:classic2:

@Jan
I would have a parrentaly backed Software / Hosting company, but my dad is afraid of contracts and ID-Theft. I told him, theres nothing to worrey about. He stood firm in saying no. I finaly got to pay my hosting bill online yeaterday (after paying for it by mail for 4 years XD)

That they're children.
Children dominate the free hosting market.
Remember that before you start critisizing.
Children also create web hosts.

Yellowmc said:
It's a good thing kids can't buy domains, just my opinion.
Why is it a good thing? I think it's bad seeing all those dot tk and co.nr websites.

sigh.

you adults dont get it. some kids have paypal, some kids dont.
its all the parents decision, you can't blame kids for their parents decision eh?

and just because a kid wants a domain, doesnt mean that he or she is gonna run a host. i mean, sure there are a lot of kiddie hosts, but does that mean every kid is gonna be a host? no. i happen to have 6 or 7 domains right now and not one of them is even related to hosting.

yellowmc, i dont get why its not a good thing for a kid to have a domain name.

bruce, once again, its the parents. unless you live right next to a money order place, you probably would need a ride or a taxi, then the money.

thefreewebhost, wow, that's pretty helllish. lol.

but anyway, kids cant always get paypals. remember, they can't get verified without their parents.
and i mean, so what if a kid wnats to start a website and needs a domain. what if that kid really wants to do it and asks kindly for a domain name only to have some moron shoot his or her thought down by saying "holy fk, they're so cheap, just get a paypal and sell lemonade!"

those are just my 2 cents.

well GZSO unless you are actually going to use the website for something useful than you shouldn't get a .com or .net. The internet is already flooded with garbage websites anyways. Until you have a website that is actually going to be of some use than you should stick with the free ones. I'm not saying some kids website won't be good, I'm just saying most don't know how to make websites thus should stick with free ones to experiment with. That's how I started off,

just my $0.02

Well, i have a website which will be of use, but I can't start it until I have a domain name. I can't get a domain name because I havve no money (and don't start on the parent factor). I can't get money because I don't have a useful website.

Yer, I'm 16, but I have something to offer.

But my parents still don't realise that.

So I have to turn to you guys.

Reg Web said:
I can't get a domain name because I havve no money (and don't start on the parent factor). I can't get money because I don't have a useful website.

Yer, I'm 16, but I have something to offer.
Am I missing something here? When did a useful website equate to having money? Go work at McDonald's or something.

Bruce said:
Go work at McDonald's or something.
I think that's the point of this thread.

Why would I go to work for some crappy fast food chain and earn less than minimum wage when I could offer my services online, earn money and actually make something of myself???

You are more likely to make something of yourself in a real job ;) There is no guarantee that you will make money on the internet and if you are so confident your plan will work, then finance it yourself. Start from the ground up :p Might mean you need to do some gardening for neighbours, but you need to be accountable. Don't expect people to make life easy for you. Work at it and who knows, a gardening job could lead to a successful business offline.

You think I am putting all my energies into this one venture?

Hell no! When I am 18 and have left school, I will get a real job, I already have one in mind, but at the moment, I am still at school and need something that I can do in my spare time to pay for a holiday halfway around the world from me. I am also working as a DJ at the moment.

What I meant to say in my other post, but didn't quite manage it, is that while I am earning money offline, online I could earn more to keep me going for the next two years. However, I don't have a way to pay for the domain name, but will do when I start getting customers.

I already have happy clients, but they are paying in cash, so I still cannot pay online.

Actucally, I have never worked in a garden, mcdonalds, in and out, carls, or any fast food. I'm freaking 15 and I can make good money online from various jobs.

Hell, I had a 200 USD job once that was quite simple.
I offered my services to someone, and I got paid $200.

Back