• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What kind of hosting do you want most?

What kind of hosting service do you want?

• Normal Hosting

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Reseller

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • VPS

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Dedicated Server

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Co

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

supersonic

I was thinking of ways to better my hosting business and this though came to mind, "What hosting do most peope want to buy?" So i thought I would post it here and see what everyone says.

stable hosting

mostly I want stable hosting.

I know this is irrelevant but I was checking out your web site and it doesn't sound bad but the main page could use just a minor grammatical fix. I mean, i'm no english teacher or anything but check this out.

Your site says:
Ramorax recently went out of business to due to some major problems with our server, but now we are back and better than ever. We have gotten a new, better server. We have gotten a few errors corrected and are ready to go, and as a special re-opening treat to everyone looking for a host we are now going to offer a 5% monthly discout on all new sign-ups. Just enter the code "reopening" into our code box on sign-up and your account will be discounted 5% each month!

My site would say:
Back and better than ever, Ramorax is proud to announce that we have corrected a few problems and purchased a new, reliable server. Bringing hosting into the new millenium, we thrive in providing the most quality services, highest speeds, and a 99.9% uptime. For a limited time only we are offering a 5% monthly discout to all new sign-ups. Offer good until Feb. 1st, 2006.

Mine isn't great, i know that. I am not telling you to use what I have wrote, but put somethough into it, make it sound good. A strong web presence is a key to gaining a customer base.

You may want to look back a couple of months because there were some polls similar to this but focused on support, speed, price etc. Just remember that the people on this forum make up a very small minority so take that into account when interpreting any responses you get. :)

Co-location is what I preffer but I can't do it because there's only one good datacenter that I know of round my house(it's actually in another state but it's the closest), and that charges bandwidth by megabyte :S

So far I want normal hosting since my sites are still small so I fit in the plans. I want the host to give me serious uptime :)

As the sites will develop I'll look more into the "superior" plans, since I would expect the revenue to pay for the upgrades ..

TJR Networks said:
You may want to look back a couple of months because there were some polls similar to this but focused on support, speed, price etc.
Yeh, the ones that we made right? ;)

It all depends on what you need. But Reliability is the key to it.

If you supply the best service possible then there is no better option.

Everyone knows that problems occur but still get irate when it does as it's annoying at the least and there are more people just wanting a bit of their own space than any other type.

Other types of hosting are more targeted, resellers (for startup hosts or those with friends needing hosted), VPS/VDS (budget dedi server) and server (prepare to give your life over to running them (LOL) )

The best offer is good service and no problems - but that'll never happpen. Just make sure the good service is there - shared hosting is probably the first key as more folks want it (one domain, one purpose).

Other types of hosting are more targeted, resellers (for startup hosts or those with friends needing hosted), VPS/VDS (budget dedi server) and server (prepare to give your life over to running them (LOL) )

well some peoples get managed dedicated server to avoid that tho?

Koh said:
well some peoples get managed dedicated server to avoid that tho?

I think you are missing the main points here - a managed server is still basic and doesn't look after you or hold your hand - you still have to work with it.

Try it and see.

I have so not just speaking blind.

Last edited:
Back