• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is up with this SEO crap lately?

deeplist

Entrepreneur
NLC
I am seeing so much nonsense and BS these days in relation to this SEO craze. I don't get it. I mean, I understand there are things that can be done to genuinely improve your search engine ratings like using proper keywords and things like that but where do you draw the line?

There's "companies" that are dedicated entirely to ripping people off on this SEO ----. People seem to think it's a necessity to dump money into somebody's pocket over in India so they can "optimize" your site? Come on.

Then I see requests on forums like this one for people wanting literally dozens of hosting accounts on various servers from various providers so they can create false linkbacks and ----. It's getting to be ridiculous. Do you idiots not realize that Google is smart enough to discover those who try and falsely "optimize" their site with fraudulent SEO behavior?

GTFO. /rant

I am seeing so much nonsense and BS these days in relation to this SEO craze. I don't get it. I mean, I understand there are things that can be done to genuinely improve your search engine ratings like using proper keywords and things like that but where do you draw the line?

OMG, I have to agree with you :eek3: (Didn't think I ever would :lol:)

SEO seems to be meaningless now due to it being beaten to death by SEO spammers and scammers.

Seo

I dunno, I think SEO has always been there, but it used to be about single page tricks. Then Google's innovation required linkbacks, and that's where the current craze came from. I think by "lately" is that while it used to be "hard" to do that, it has filtered through to be a commodity service, so now every ten rupee shop wants to try it.

I have daydreamed about making another search engine, geared at smart people, going back to hand picked links, but for once my excitability didn't get the better of me. The basic theme would be a sentence analysis of the page to have something useful in it, with an option whether to return forum pages or not.

OMG, I have to agree with you :eek3:

I think if we go back like 8 or 9 years, there's maybe 2 or 3 other time's we've agreed on something. :D

But this SEO nonsense is getting to be ridiculous. I've NEVER had any issues with my site not showing up in search results as it should for as long as I can remember. I've done 0 to "optimize" my site in Google's results aside from putting in some meta tags in the header. (Which I guess Google has opted to ignore in recent years?) But either way, I don't think that throwing cash at somebody to "optimize" your site is going to do anything other than waste your money.

It is kind of a waste of money when you use the wrong people.
When you buy for example 5000 forum profile links (------), they submit those links within a day or so.
Google will proberbly ban your website.
There are also spam apps like Scrapebox and SEnuke. You better stay as far away from those apps as possible.
Scrapebox and SEnuke can be used to comment on blogs.

But it doesn't have to be a waste of money.
I use an application with the name Website Submitter. It can semi-manual submit your website to 4500 web directories and you can also manually add (new) directories to it. My app contains over 24000 free directories at the moment.
I don't submit to more then 20-30 directories a day. And I do not use it for all my websites.

I'd Like to know how the 1000s of SEO companies get the number 1 listing for their own "SEO Company" :evilb:

I'd Like to know how the 1000s of SEO companies get the number 1 listing for their own "SEO Company" :evilb:

Very good question. I'm sure Google has probably penalized almost all of them for trying to "outsmart" the search indexing technology. Google is a multi-billion dollar corporation, so all of your BS "optimization" tactics are probably already blocked before you even start ripping people off.

Back