• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the best payment gateway ?

MyHoZt

Hi
I am starting a new hosting site
and i dont know which payment method should i choose
I heared that 2 checkout is the best
but the take 49$ for signing up
so i must be sure that it is the best
IF THERE ARE OTHER KNOW PAYMENT GATE WAT
please specify

PayPal has become quite popular, as well. You will find many users to be comfortable paying that way, and there is no startup cost. :)

If you wont pay $49 for a SECURE and RELIABLE payment processor, you shouldn't offer paid hosting.

I agree, if you want to be trusted - you need quality in all areas. 2CO is OK, they have high commissions but still a good start. Paypal should be always an option for receiving payments.

Authorize.net is another processor you should look at.

Good Luck :)!

Check for Google payment or paypal. Google payment is excellent and easy for clients to purchase and also no need verification for it

I don't recommend 2CO, I have had nothing but issues with their fraud processing department not doing their job. Every transaction I have ever had with 2CO has failed. It's not worth the $49 they charge for setup. The single most worst payment processor I have ever used.

Now I focus on just using PayPal or mail / deposit for clients in Australia.

Authorize.net, Google Checkout are not available in Australia and moneybookers I didn't feel comfortable using.

Really, eh... I am amazed to hear you had problems.. I know iv had it for about 5 years cleared thousands in it... I guess there some funny issues you faced.

Offside question what do you do for people outside of austraila? who cant use paypal?

If you wont pay $49 for a SECURE and RELIABLE payment processor, you shouldn't offer paid hosting.

Well no proplem in paying 49$
I just dont want to pay except that I am sure that they are the best !
For paypal I cant open account there as my country is not listed there !

Well no proplem in paying 49$
I just dont want to pay except that I am sure that they are the best !
For paypal I cant open account there as my country is not listed there !

With 2checkout you can still accept paypal as 2checkout takes credit cards or paypal for payments :). So that will probally be your best choice then.

With 2checkout you can still accept paypal as 2checkout takes credit cards or paypal for payments . So that will probally be your best choice then.
2CO has high fees. IMO paypal is better and accept credit cards as well.

Paypal is great until a dispute causes your account to be limited for 2-3 weeks. Funny part is the dispute was $4.00... We sent the refund within 24 hours of it being filed. We sent emails and made phone calls for 2 straight weeks.

Luckily we have multiple accounts for all of our sites or we'd been in bad shape.

Last edited:
Really, eh... I am amazed to hear you had problems.. I know iv had it for about 5 years cleared thousands in it... I guess there some funny issues you faced.

Offside question what do you do for people outside of austraila? who cant use paypal?

People who cannot use paypal can still use paypal through credit card without paypal account. So, Paypal has more reach then 2CO. If they don't know how to submit their credit card details online, or feel uncomfortable doing so, they can contact my billing and support team, and they will help them with the process. If someone is not willing to use an online payment gateway or submit their cards for manual processing, then they wont purchase from my site, or any other site that they have to send their details to.

Back