• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is the best FREE webhost for me??

bbg5000

What is the best host to use on the net? All i need is any amount of space more than 20Mb... capable of uploading picture, music... needs to be to have an unlimited bandwith,... not too much advertising,... i must be able to do html, css, the basics... and i want it to be like www.yourname.provider.com... not www.provider.com/~user... and the provider has to be short, ie:www.user.biz.ly I like how it's short but www.user.100megsfree.com is kinda... long and makes it look like I am a cheap bastard who is to poor to afford a REAL .com site... anybody know of my perfect FREE webhost?

No I don't think there is a host which would match your needs. Especially when you also want it to allow music files and you also quoted "not too much advertising".

You also wanted "unlimited bandwidth" - why would you want 999GB of data transfer? Along with a short sub-domain address.

makes it look like I am a cheap bastard who is to poor to afford a REAL .com site

But half of the facts are true? You don't want to pay.

unlimited transfer doesn't exist. Alot say they do but it is no humanly possible.

URL You can always get a free subdomain (user.uni.cc or user.cjb.net) at www.uni.cc or www.cjb.net

Content VERY FEW hosts music to be uploaded. I would forget that.

Now beside that here is what I suggest:

www.stormpages.com or www.megspace.com 50mb space, "unlimited transfer", banner ads

www.come2store.com For hosting music, usually doesn't work.

www.streamload.com Also for music, works but is slow

www.fateback.com 60mb space, "unlimited transfer", no ads

www.hostultra.com "unlimited space" unlimited transfer", FTP, pop up ads

www.netfirms.com 25mb space, 1gb transfer, FTP, banner ad

www.amzweb.com Varies on space depending on post count, "unlimited transfer", php/mysql available on more posts. YOU MUST POST in their forum to get even accepted. Text link ad

www.4gigs.com 15mb space, "unlimited transfer", text link

Hope this will help

Thanks, music isnt TOO important, I can just get a seperate host or something for that, when i said too much advertising I meant i didnt want ppl to be bombarded with ads... some hosts do that,

It's kinda funny how free / paid host can quote "unlimited bandwidth" because one would assume they mean 999GB of data transfer and beyond. :sad2:

Unmetered (or "unlimited") data transfer (or "bandwidth") only means that the host will not piss your site's visitors off by shutting your site down for a period of time just because too many others have enjoyed it. Yes, that is humanly impossible, and it's obvious that if too much data is trying to go out at once, the sites will load sort of slow, but (1) what are the odds of that happening? and (2) that can't be any worse than your visitors getting the message, "This site's bandwidth has been exceeded for the day. Please come back tomorrow."

As I said in my profile, I do not think there is such a thing as the best free host. For anyone. I signed up with Freewebhost.ws and they don't have a members area yet, and I had to sign up twice because the first time they wouldn't accept my name was Sophie the Frog. Well, that was my mistake of course, but anyway.
Homestead was great until they charged. And Geocities has that rubbishy adsquare. Fateback is good, but it's slow on mine, and brinkster has no ftp.
I challenge you to name one free host with all the bells and whistles.

web1000

web1000 has all the bells and whistles for me. It's really fast (270KB/sec), and never down, it lets you store anything including mp3s, and it has ftp AND NO ADS if you know how to not make typos. :D

all you have to do is be careful when you type your address to a friend to link them to your site. it's not a big deal.

plus, many people claim they lose their site very quickly.

well, i have never lost mine yet, and I even have filled up my whole webspace with personally created mp3s! And my whole site is just a directory listing of those mp3s.

The trick is this:

<<removed/please read the rules>>

After that simply use a web forwarder like cjb.net, or if u want, just tell your friends the exact url for them to go to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: web1000

Originally posted by billysk8r

The trick is this:

<<removed>>.

And then when the company finds out, they ban you because you would deliberately hide what you do. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
I could only access certain websites who were hosted with Web1000, other than that, I was always re-directed to the Web1000 homepage. :smile2:

Originally posted by KBC
For your requirements, I managed to filter out two hosts:

Host.sk

NeoPages

Host.sk is slow, unreliable, and just plain sucks.

NeoPages states in their rules (info) that illegal MP3's are not allowed I am not sure if yours are your own or not, but they are very selective anyway about sites.

Originally posted by Matt8
Host.sk is slow, unreliable, and just plain sucks.

NeoPages states in their rules (info) that illegal MP3's are not allowed I am not sure if yours are your own or not, but they are very selective anyway about sites.

Neopages is damn selective!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Back