• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what is the best control panel for centOS 64 bit?

Hamed

Hello,
I want to install one free control panel for CentOS 64Bit?
Which allow me to install remote SMTP server and more?

I don't find any reason why WHM/cPanel can not fulfill your requirements?

By that, do you mean by it is ok to spend unnecessary amount of money just for a personal use VPS?
People usually using these free control panel for their personal use VPS, and it is a common practice.
You don't really need WHM/cPanel unless you are selling out web hosting accounts to other people.

By that, do you mean by it is ok to spend unnecessary amount of money just for a personal use VPS?

Do people go for VPS Hosting to run a personal website? which can be easily run on a shared hosting account. So far my hosting knowledge is concerned VPS Hosting is approached by commercial website which do require higher amount of resources than the personal websites or blogs.

Do people go for VPS Hosting to run a personal website? which can be easily run on a shared hosting account. So far my hosting knowledge is concerned VPS Hosting is approached by commercial website which do require higher amount of resources than the personal websites or blogs.

There are people getting VPS for host several of their personal websites, such as blogs etc.
Although these personal use websites are blogs, they do generate income.
When they find it is too expensive to host these websites on shared hosting, or always get the account suspended for certain reason, such as high resource usage, they will usually go on and get themself a VPS to host these websites.

Since VPS are so cheap nowadays, even cheaper than some share hosting service, it is normal that people buy VPS to host their own websites.

My oppinions

I think Webmin is the best way to go for you, but you could look into Kloxo.
If you are willing to try other distros EHCP for Debian/Ubuntu is a very good and easy to use Free control panel that I use and installation is a snap (it uses quite a bit of memory though, >500MB).

If you are on a VPS a reinstatement of your OS should take only a few seconds and some offer Ubuntu in their lists.

Kloxo doesn't have everything that cPanel does, for example I couldn't setup rewrite URL, to get rid of dynamic URLs...

Back