• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Directed

I just want to make sure you are directing this at Valuablehost, as I dont have anything to do with that.

Just want to make sure

Joe
:bandit2:

Don't worry Joe, it was directed towards Vhost. Magic2k2, extra services and additions to your hosting package.

Regards,
HostEXP

Info

We are currently waiting on all infomation and the move should begin.

Once all info is recieved, we think it should be a few hours,

Thanks

Joe

Please keep me updated.

I am working on an urgent deadline and I only have until 11 PM ET tonight because I leave for a couple days after that.

Do you expect the individual site owners to have to do anything to get the site back and running or should everything work as it did before as soon as you guys get it up?

Job

Our job in the matter is this.

Account creation
Preferences, and hosting setup and thats it.

You will be able to upload your site right away and the account will be ready to go...

The server is tested and fully active...

Thats about as much info as I have....

Also depending on what time we get the info, the latest would be by tommorow night. This is not in our control...

Joe

What baffles me is the fact Valuablehost stuck with Joe's company after seeing how immature and un-professional he was over at Webhostingtalk. The behaviour shown by this person was something you'd expect from the scumbags behind dotcomavenue.com

Excuse Me

Excuse me...

You have no right to say anything.

You do not see how far we go to help our clients, and how much support for little to know cost we give...

I think your post is totally improper and way off the topic. You are flaming my company for no reason in this post.

I am trying to help my clients clients, by updating them, and you slam me.

How mature are you. I mean this just isnt right, and your post is being reported. You are also braking rules of this forum.

I am not going to play this game with you, i will continue to update my clients clients with how far we are coming, we are still waiting on a report...

This is not cool...

Joe

Now I really want to know if they will keep their words. I got in my email saying that they will complete the move by the end of today. THAT IS TODAY (THURSDAY!!!)

My site have been down since Sunday!!!!

What the heck does this mean?

What the heck does this mean?

When I type in my domain name, I got the following page with this message:

This is the Plesk Server Administrator™ default page.
If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact bzaya@bigpond.net.au

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

if my site had been down that long .. Unless it was a network problem i would of moved too a new host. Sunday through thursday really isn't acceptable by any host.

Well

Just to help out a bit, that is the plesk default page.

For support questions contact Vhost.

Our only role in this matter is to help with the creation and maintence, we have not recieved a report that we need, so I cant give you a exact answer on when things will be setup.

We are acting as a third party on this one, so if there are problems please contact your hosting company.

I will say this, we got involved last night, and if we get the final report we need , by tommorow it should be all done.

If we dont get the report, i have no date then

Joe

Hello,

Technics, the downtime is due to the move. Please note that we have never had any major downtime for 4 months. Also Joe retracted his comments on WHT i trust him not to do it again. Also Technics it would be the other way around for me, if i was with a host who had network problems i would definetly leave as it might cause problems in the feature. We were scammed by a company who promised to orchestrate the move in 24 hours. Also there will be compensation as well as new services added.

Kindest Regards, and again sorry for the inconvenience,

- ValuableHost (HostEXP)

People see things diffrently.

When my provider tera-byte was having problems i stuck by them, Many jumped ship when tera-byte was having speed issues, denial of service attacks, router failures, i didn't as i knew they were doing everything within there power to get things fixed. They did this and since these issues they have been rock solid and even faster than where everyone ran rackshack.

A server goes down or you have problems your users expect to have there sites restored faster than at least 4 working days. If my virtual site at kdawebservices was offline due to a server crash or server move id expect my website to be back-up and running within 48 hours. Infact when my host moved there server from VDI.net to nac.net there was less than 8 hours downtime and this was done during the early hours of the morning so visitors sites would suffer minimal un-availabilty. You should really of planned your move better and hopefully if you ever need todo this again you wont have the same problems.

This isnt anything personal but as a host it is your responsibilty to get these accounts back-up and running, Why hire a second or third party todo work you should be doing? Isn't your knowledge of the servers you are using good enough to do this? Even if it means staying up 2 maybe 3 days on the trot to do so, you should do it for your clients sake.

I know for sure i'd want to know my webhost has sufficent knowledge of the software and hardware they are using. This is why i pay the extra buck or spend months researching and talking to my host so i know that they are clued up. This isnt a personal attack i see this as a netural, and from a neturals point of view this looks rather bad.

Last edited:
Dear Technics,

Thank you for your points. The reason why i did not orchestrate the move is:

Began Tuesday, September 18, 2001 at 3:39PM EST. We are currently having problems with BigPond Direct. This is affecting customers nationally, they will experience a delay connecting to international sites. the cause is a submarine cable has been cut between China and the USA.Technicians are treating this issue as a priority and are working on the problem Updated at 9/21/01 11:22AM EST.

Now connecting to international sites is definetly affected, a traceroute to FWS reaches at 3500ms. This is uncapped cable as well... Due to such circumstances, i could not orchestrate the move. Also i had hired a company who specializes in moving from servers with different control panels, it is more complicated then you think.

I accept your views and i will take them into consideration, once this is resolved everything will go back to normal.

Also Magic2k2, yes we do have all the databases backedup.

Regards,
HostEXP

Last edited:
HostEXP ... What is the current status of the move ? It is almost the "end of Thursday" and my sites are still down. I have yet to get a response to any of my emails I have sent this week so I'm posting here. At this point it has become more than an "inconvenience" as you put it. I would at least appreciate an update on the status of the move, as I'm sure all of your other clients would.

:angry2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back