• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is going on with Valuablehost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a link to this thread in another forum and have to jump in and say, I am nothing but impressed with the level of service and support I receive from ValuableHost.com.

I'm kinda busy right now (four chat windows open and three - five bulletin boards active):eek: :confused2 but I'll be back.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
I saw a link to this thread in another forum and have to jump in and say, I am nothing but impressed with the level of service and support I receive from ValuableHost.com.

I'm kinda busy right now (four chat windows open and three - five bulletin boards active):eek: :confused2 but I'll be back.

You must be talking about the other valuablehost.com because the one we're talking about in this thread has had its clients sites down for roughly 9 days now. Now that's what I call service !

I thought I was getting somewhere on ICQ. My database dump was supposed to e-mailed to me in "15-20 minutes." It's been over an hour, and needless to say, my messages are no longer answered.

Email Update

About 90% of emails have gone out.

the email account is valuablehostinfo@oakstring.com

Dont ask about the oakstring.

The remaining emails are in question, and over the next 48 hours will also be sent out. We are aiming at the latest Thursday night for the remaining ones.

Also I personally have much respect for Vhost, so to assist in getting things back to normal, I will personally be on his forum helping out with somethings. Please do not email, but will assist where I can on the forum.

We have met all deadlines and wish everyone the best. I think many will soon forget this mess, as they will love the new features

joe

Originally posted by Sting

You must be talking about the other valuablehost.com because the one we're talking about in this thread has had its clients sites down for roughly 9 days now. Now that's what I call service !
I am aware that some sites are down longer than others:rolleyes:
All I can attest to is; not only is my site up, but the new server seems much faster. And the new contol panel is very nice:)
And HostEXP has been nothing but cooperative albeit somewhat naive during this whole experience.
I doubt he was fully aware of the extreme difficulty of server migration. I'm certain that he feels badly about some clients sites being down so long.
But, what can he do?? He ain't God:rolleyes:
I'm sure, if he could; he would snap his fingers and have it all done. C'mon!! His site isn't even up:confused2

Who cares about the new features???? It's not worth 1.5 weeks of downtime since I'll hardly use the new stuff.

I doubt I'll be getting my database anytime soon now....just a frickin DUMP...IT TAKES LIKE 5 MINUTES, I WISH I JUST HAD ACCESS TO IT AND ITD BE DONE...THIS IS PATHETIC

I care about the new features.

Hm, I'm currently downloading my files from my old site, so soon I'll be able to set my scripts up...

However, does anybody know... are the server paths/cgi paths and what not still the same?

If not, anyone know what they are?

usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/hoopsavenue.com/httpdocs

What are the new features anyway? I see little use to them. FTP is FTP and a database is a database. I don't need no fancy schmancy.

Pah, that's gonna be a pain... thanks for that though.

New features...actually... there don't really seem to be many :-/

I just liked the Webmail feature (which is currently down for my site) because i'll be moving 'round lots soon, so it'll make things easier on me.

Mmm... okay, to be honest... in the Control panel itself... I dont know what the new features ARE! :confused: I still don't seem to have actual control over anything in there, apart from creating new users and changing passwords, and creating new databases or whatever.

Hmm... well I do hope there is more to this new control panel this than meets the eye! :rolleyes:

Let's Trade

If you are the owner of grewalz1stop.com, I was sent your details last night -- let me know and I'll pass them on...

If anyone has been sent a/c details for either parosnow.com or greektvidents.com, I sure would be glad to hear from you!

It's all fun, isn't it? :confused2

Well, so much for this not turning into a support thread. HostEXP, you need to load yourself a nice phpbb site, or sign up with one of those remotely hosted board providers to take care of this.

In the future, you never make any DNS changes before the second server is up and running and the sites are installed (and uploaded).

Killing this now after 14 pages would be pointless, but please get yourself a phpbb/remote forum ASAP, like today if possible and announce it in the Other offers forum, and in your signature.

lol Chicken, i have a vbulletin board (2.03), but its been taken down since the move started. It will be restored once the new vhost design comes online.

Regards,
HostEXP

Magic2k2, well its not as simple as you think. The MySQL daemon is having problems, therefore i cannot access MySQL and dump your databases until this is fixed. BTW this is on the old server, the new server has no problems. Regarding features,

ASP
Webmail
Clients can manage dns zones
logs can be sent out to you monthly

there is alot more but you have to e-mail admin@valuablehost.com so we can give you privilages for these features.

Magic2k2 you seem to be alot more friendly on ICQ :)

Regards,
HostEXP

Originally posted by Toefur
Pah, that's gonna be a pain... thanks for that though.

New features...actually... there don't really seem to be many :-/

I just liked the Webmail feature (which is currently down for my site) because i'll be moving 'round lots soon, so it'll make things easier on me.

Mmm... okay, to be honest... in the Control panel itself... I dont know what the new features ARE! :confused: I still don't seem to have actual control over anything in there, apart from creating new users and changing passwords, and creating new databases or whatever.

Hmm... well I do hope there is more to this new control panel this than meets the eye! :rolleyes:

Mr. Valuablehost... I don't suppose you could list for us here, the other features of the control panel that we need to email you about to get priviledges for them...

I wanna know what they are, 'cuz I'm eager to take advantage of them all :D

Clients can manage dns zones

*Cough* Uh... what does this mean??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back