• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is Best Support Ticket System?

As a total package (from the numerous ones we’ve tried) I’d say FocalScope. Great interface, solid ticketing and tracking, SLA integration and Live chat + self hosted or cloud based. We chose to self host and got it up and running in 1 day + another 2 days to populate all our users to the system.

From what I can tell, you would be paying for this forever ($39/mo)
I see no pricing on owned lic, so...I would much rather own a self
hosted lic, then pay for it forever...

I don't see a issue with this. When your business grows large enough to need more functionality then the built in ticket system inside WHMCS/HostBill/Etc $39/month is going to be a drop in the bucket.

It is best to have a monthly license rather than own license in some ways.
Most of the licensed scripts, they only provide 1 year of support and upgrades.
And if you need those supports and upgrades, you will need to pay additional price for the supports and upgrades yearly.
While when you are using monthly licenses, as long as you are paying for the license monthly, you will have the supports and upgrades, until you terminate your monthly subscription.

1 Vote for WHMCS

My vote is also for WHMCS. It is an integrated billing and support system, so it keeps you from managing two separate systems.

Of course, it is closed-source, so it is limited in some ways, but the application's structure, including hooks and a robust template system tend make up for that.

After a year with WHMCS and a few months with HostBill, I think both of them are best choice more than other ticket support script like Trilis Desk. :talk:

apanite Reports

WHMCS and Kayako would be my top choices, WHMCS winning out only because of ease of integration.

WHMCS is great for basic stuff, easy to keep track of when a low number of tickets are open.

We've used Kayako briefly and found it really good for more complex hosts (multiple services, multiple support users, lots of tickets).

Our experience with WHMCS include easy integration and a great way to cut down on the number of systems per website, eg. billing, support, client db etc. It is easy setup and maintain and even editing the templates isn't hard. I have yet to find any drawbacks.

I prefer WHMCS, because it has alot of functionality and its very user friendly :). Also we can setup so many different things and manage everything in our business.

Hello, i use WHMCS myself. Hostbill is a good option too.

Kayako is overpriced. yes it is.

How is it overpriced? It's intended to be used for established businesses -- not new businesses.

Seriously, you figure even at minimum wage a single employee is going to be around $1200 a month full time.. $30-$50 a month per staff member on Kayako is a drop in the bucket compared to that.

Hello, i am sorry if you did not agree on my post, its just my own "pov". dont take it to your heart sir. :talk:

Back